DC Universe

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Shantotto, Jan 14, 2011.

1. Offline

Shantotto Guest

I picked this up just for some fun/lulz, on the european PVP Server if anyones interested.

Shantotto Telemachus is my 1st hero name, and Shiva Blast the 2nd, I might make more later :p
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Is it any good or is it just one of those play it for the lulz type games ?
  3. Offline

Shantotto Guest

PVP server is quite hardcore I got ganked at level 5.

PVP uses normal ability type stuff but an interesting block system that has counters that is very reminiscent of fighting game style mindgames so it will never be formulaic PVP like wow descended into.

only level 7 will let you know more later, but it's fun right now.

( Roll a hero, as villain is more populated obv ).
  4. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Me with my non-ugly character chilling at the bat signal. Looking at a huge building in the background.

[IMG]

Cool building in the background right?

[IMG]

owait i'm on top of it. ( looking down at the bat signal )

[IMG]

Annnnd the other direction.

[IMG]
  5. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Not sure this will sway anyone, but I've killed > 20 people in world pvp, I got ganked at lvl 5 and was like wtf?

All the cities on the PVP server are OPEN so you can get ganked almost anywhere, or gank almost anywhere.

Btw the travel mechanics - at level 9 acrobatics gets a rocket assisted glide ( flight ) so I'm not sure what the advantage of flight is :p
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Graphics look very similar to the Batman: Arkham Asylum which had a really nice dark feel to it.

Again though, still don't know if this is a game for me, I hate CoH/CoV.
  7. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

nice graphix :) can you show us some combat screenshots (with UI on) please?
  8. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Gotham is a much darker city than Metropolis, some screenies below and some UI+combat screenshots for specter.

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]

[IMG]
  9. Offline

Shantotto Guest

So some comments on the combat, you get an ability bar as you can see, which is controlled by how much power you have ( read rogue energy from wow :p ) - the blue bar top left under my health bar.

In addition the melee combat is mouse click operated.

Left click = your melee swing, right click = your ranged swing.

In addition you can get both new ability abilities and new melee abilities.

So to explain how the fuck thats different.

I spam left click = lots of combo hits on mobs, if I purchase an ability it will require me to hold down left click, so spam a few left clicks > hold left click = combo of normals and then my move comes out.

similarly w/ ranged combat my right click held down = shuriken blast ( on my chr ), if I then hold it down again once I've bought the second ability, it will then fire the 2nd, and once i get the third, the third.

BAR abilities are NOT done on this click style, they are started using 1/2/3/4/5 etc like a normal MMO ability bar.
  10. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Do the left and right mouse buttons sort of act like the left and right knuckle buttons on a console control so that if you hold them down then press say 1 or 2 it does a different ability to say pressing 1 or 2 ? (ie. like using ALT and SHIFT to change action bar)

Or is it like holding down the left mouse button is a whole unique set of abilities on its own that don't have anything to do with 1,2,3 etc. etc. ?
  11. Offline

Shantotto Guest

They are functionally completely seperate.

Bar abilities have nothing to do and don't sync with your mouse clicks.

Eg, mouse 1 = melee attacks, if I hold mouse 1 down I will do an axe kick - which will interupt spell casts.

mouse 2 fires my ranged attack, if i hold it I get level 1 shuriken, if i then hold it again I get level 2 shuriken, and when i get it, again for level 3 ( they do different things ).

if i just spam right click = spam ranged, and same w/ left click spamming melee.
  12. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Is it in any way possible to try this game before paying the full amount for it?
  13. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Katiechops in hero form.

The B on the chest is for Buckfast obviously.

[IMG]
  14. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I need to post a pic of PartyInMyPants the super hero of superheroes RAWR!