DayZ Meet-Up

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Fizzee, Jul 16, 2012.

1. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Well it took a couple of days but a group of 5 of us have met and geared up a bit and after Saul and Aspira had a terrifying axe wielding experience looting a shop full of zombles, We have some loot and a camp and can start farming for better gear!
    A few others still trying to get up north with us but for now:
    Boon Squad.jpg

If you want to join us and are a Boon (sorry, only guildees can be trusted in a full loot game, and even then I don't trust the look in Saul's eyes) then get on TS with us, and we'll let you know where to meet us!
  2. Offline

Saul Community Member

Was an awesome night guys.

The shop was omg scary, It was surrounded by more zombles than I'd ever seen in one place, getting in the place was hard enough, but once in, I had my back against a wall surrounded by loot, and just refused to die, I dropped 2 zombles with my pistol, dropped my AKM Rifle as it had no ammo and took out another 4 with my hatchet and 2 more in the back room when Aspira made it into the shop.

On the way back to saftey with the loot, Fizzee took out a zomble in front of us with his sniper rifle from cover in the tree line, and me and Aspira hit the deck thinking we were being zeroed by enemy players. When we got to safety are nerves were shot in the game and in RL, had to have an afk break to make a cup of tea to steady my nerves.

Then we met up at the camp with Furie and his uber Sniper Rifle, and how the hell Cosmose got all the way from his spawn point to our camp with no weapon and alive is a fooking miracle.

Great work guys, and a great nights gaming..

Time to hit the bigger shit and pick up working parts, etc, and maybe get some transport. I have the toolbox all we need are the parts.
  3. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Why does this feel so much like a l4d rpg <3 you guise are making me wannel play it :<
  4. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

never trust a pony humper
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

It really was an awesome night of gaming.

I spent over an hour raiding a town solo while Fizzee covered me from a vantage point in the hills, spotting for Zed and players and guiding me to safe routes. I ended up meeting Saul in a supermarket, he was standing on top of a pile of dead zombies wielding an axe.

Seriously, if you liked playing EvE or Darkfall (ie. you don't mind loosing your stuff) and your a fan of zombie games, then this is the game for you. Its a fucking intense game though... takes years off your life each time you play it.
  6. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

If it goes lower in price will consider picking it up ^^
  7. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

So tonight i had my favourite moment in dayz, if not of my entire gaming career.

After everyone logged off I met up with Gir to exchange ammunitions, he needed 30 SD silenced magazines and i needed m9 silenced ones.
    We then head out to check out some deer stands and helicopter crashes, we stumble upon one but we found nothing but couple of FN FAL and DMR rifles, which we both didnt really need.

But then that's when the fun part starts.

We were on the north side of Zub (one of the castles on top of a hill) checking around deer stands as usual, when i hear an impact sound of a bullet near me. I didnt hear any gunshot andI hide immediately in bush.
    I ask Gir if he heard it as well, but he said he didnt. He also stood in the open for several seconds and a second shot never came, so i started thinking i was getting tired and i was hearing things.

Either way out of precaution we decide to go though the woods on the hill and take the longer path, but just when we were on the other side in the middle of a field, i hear a car approaching from behind.
    At first i thought again that i was hearing things (cars are extremely rare in dayz), but then I turn around and surely here is the car, far on the horizon, turning away from us following a road as he didnt seem to have seen us.
    It became clear he was the sniper that tried to take me out, and that he decided to take care of us coming downhill with his car from his sniping position on the castle.

And that's when Gir decided that we should become the hunters from the hunted, and he starts running behind the distancing car.
    A few minutes passed, and the car was nowhere to be seen, i was already giving up but then gir notices it parked far in the trees.

We try to approach with caution, and being the only one with the sniper rifle out of the two, we decided i should stay behidn to offer some cover. Sadly the terrain wasnt favourable as it was going slightly uphill, and there was no time to tryo to flank him as we wanted to hit him before he could get into position as well.
    I had to follow Gir rather close in order to have a good line of sight, and that's when i hear again the bullets, missing me by few inches.
    It becomes clear im the target, so i ask gir to try to flank him as i will try to keep his attention.

Sadly we didnt really know his location with all those bushes and trees, and Gir ended up getting sniped and died in a matter of seconds.
    I have to admit, i thought i was next and the urge of leaving that place was strong, but then i decided that the gain was much greater than the risk, i stood my ground and i started looking around me.

I knew he was aware that we were two and that i was still alive somewhere, and yet i wanted to gamble on his greediness (that he already showed by coming after us with the car) and i found the perfect bush where i could have a good sight on Gir's body.
    Minutes passed that felt like an eternity, and just when i was on the edge of giving up as i was sure he was flanking me, i see a figure far in the woods hiding behind a tree straight ahead of me.
    i didnt have time to think, i saw him watching me in the eyes (or at least that's what i like to imagine xD) and i pulled the trigger. And there it is, a fountain of blood coming out of his forehead and the reassuring message of confirmed kill popping out. It felt amazing.

The next 2 hours we both spent them driving around, splitting the loot (gir got all his gear back + the AS50 the guy was carrying + the rangefinder, the ultimate tool for the perfect sniper xD. I got some nightvision googles, a toolbox and a huge sense of accomplishment.

And this is why ill be playing DayZ for long, looong time.
  8. Offline

Juggernaught Community Member

Im so in... Dling this when I get home ;)
  9. Offline

Gurtholfin Veteran BOON

Bastards... another 20 quid down the drain.... must keep my wife away from the credit card statement this month! Reckon I'd down 100 quid in mostly 5 quid games :)
    So is this a game where I could get it and join up with you guys or would I need to spend a month running around with a shovel or something first? I guess I'd need some training but would be aware of the basic premise.
  10. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

Sounds intense, nice writeups guys. reminds me a lot of the stories i experienced in DF
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

So Furie and Gir have a pimp wagon. Nice!!!

I like that story, sounds like it was heart attack inducing intensity.
  12. Offline

adagio Moderator

Basically you join ts and we will tell you what server we are on and where the secret hideout is. All servers act as a hive, so no matter what server you join you always spawn in the same place you logged out with the same health weapons etc. You just need to be on the same server as your mates to see them.

Basically when you join a server it will take a while to log in but when it does it will give you a location. This is the only time the game will tell you where you are. Otherwise you have to search towns for signs.

Remember, everything in this game wants to kill you. Only boons will help you with food and water and get used to crawling.
  13. Offline

Gekido Community Member

I'll also get it I think, but going to be patient and wait for better promotion, if that won't happen i'll get it for 19.99 at the end of sumer sale.
  14. Offline

gir Veteran BOON

me and FURIE the ice-cold killer he is, maybe have troop transportation covered, after someone stole our car but left a truck there instead and me finding a bigass buss in the forest we got a small caravan going with trucker caps and all other necessary bling, we headed out north for a better camp location as your are not the most uncommon place to do camps on.
    [IMG]
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Lol Gir that bus is amazing, lol.
  16. Offline

Hightimes Community Member

I really hope this makes it to the summer sale :)
  17. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Fuck it, you guys sold it. Gimme a link to what I need to buy/get please :O
  18. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

19. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Bought combined operations on steam, now installing \o/

Ty Fizzee ^_^

Edit: On a side note, I currently don't have a headset. Left my old one in cardiff. Need to buy a new one :O
  20. Offline

Gekido Community Member

What's the the number of ppl playing together that is best for this game? I imagine that if all of us would group up, the game would get too easy, wouldn't it?