Dat Chanter says hai!

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Deathpulse - Amorphis, Mar 9, 2012.

1. Offline

Deathpulse - Amorphis Community Member

Hello everyone! Those familiar with Aion will probably remember me back from BOON/Animus days. :)
    I had a convo a few months ago with Hsulf, he told me he is joining your sweet community together with more oldschool Aion friends so I figured to drop by and say hello to all my old enemies/teammates but mostly friends. ;) Too bad SWTOR its not my thing to follow but hopefully we will meet again in any decent upcoming MMO.
    (unless you sent Hsulf straight to me, he might be able to change my mind about SWTOR. He has his way of doing it, if you know what I mean!) :p

Your most favorite Greek chanter,
    Amorphis! -__-
  2. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

3. Offline

GW2, I have to say just one thing. The first time I saw its official HD trailer, my jaw went straight to the floor. Even tho I havent played GW1, I dont think I'll be missing that game.
  4. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

Greetings, old asmodian chanter ^^
    Yes GW2 looks promising and same as you Swtor didn't manage to convince me it was worth playing.
    Guild Wars 1 is a very different game also, looks nothing like what they are making GW2 to be like, only real similarity will be lore that connects the two games.
  5. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Hey dude! Nice to see more and more ppl from Aion are looking towards gw2!

Btw you should pop on Aion one day so we can mess around :)
  6. Offline

Hehe nice to see you guys :) So, yeah, now that Aion is F2P I might login just for the funs!
    Nerien, there are some good friends of mine IRL playing SWTOR, apparently in one of the best EU guilds or something, so after checking that shit for a while the first question popped in my head.. "Show me some PVP of this game". The answer was "Well, it doesnt really have any PVP!" apart from some 'tarded (for my taste) battlegrounds arena of some short. Thats like 1-2 months ago so, I'm asking you guys, did they fix that or its still the same PVP wise ?
  7. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

still the same, only the battlegrounds for pvp. they're still pretty fun for awhile, but only for awhile.
  8. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

Uhh the feasome Chanter.
    Dont really think there are that many left who are active in SWTOR. Might be abit better when they come with the new patch 1.2

-Killa
  9. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

/fixed
  10. Offline

Kamasutrah Community Member

LOL

I get first dibs xD
  11. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

AMO! come play sc2 ;p

Good to see you again mate. About time!!
  12. Offline

Alright! Back again and expecting more infos from experienced MMO peeps about TERA! If anyone would care to write down a tiny review or something about it ? ;]
  13. Offline

Screenager Community Member

basically it pedo bait..... :p
  14. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Why I play, I have been rp-ing a lot in this game basically discussing with all the female toons how many fingers would fit in on my Bear called Stickypaws...
  15. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

On a serious note.
    Terrible levelling experience (Korean)

overly carebear approach to lowbie Ganking. (killed a level 25.... Only the 1, and had 10 hours worth of infamy (makes you attackable by everyone) which the only way to remove is to kill mobs your level.... Whilst avoiding getting jumped by groups)

Lack of reason to PvP (GvG) as the rewards are just a "x has beaten y" server message

Level and gear mean so much that player skill is almost redundant.

PvE for PvP gear lulwut

Loads of abilities, but only 3 are really used for PvE which increases the boredom

However...

It looks great
    It is smooth as an Elin's vagina
    PvP has lots of skills to utilise which is good
    Great cutscenes and quite a good story.
    It's out.... The games I'm most wanting to play aren't.
    The guild... Boon makes any game instantly worth playing. Seriously, without the rambling of Doodle, Hsulf, ymoto, Tvar etc, the game would be not worth playing.

So yeah, if you don't care about a grindy yawnfest levelling as long as its with good company, get it and you won't regret it.
  16. Offline

Screenager Community Member

sorry you said vagina and lost me .... right crossed that one off the list then... tera that is, I'm not playing spot the genital
  17. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Yeah its an OK game, but yet again no end game, the only end game of note is some sort of "voting" system to be a "Lord of the land" type wher eu control NPC's taxes etc but its a total circle jerk off involving lots of cock sucking to get ppl to vote for you so yeah not going to happen.

So nice looking smooth game, ok PvE and Groups fun, PvP is good fun too so long we there isn't much of a level difference (ie not one shotting ppl), so yeah fun game so long as you don't take it seriously, tbh there is nothing in the game to actually make you take it seriously, yet.
  18. Offline

Angelo Community Member

I think the game should have been released with 58 as a max, then when they've fixed Rifts + have vanarch voting system + Sieging/Battlegrounds in, update it. At the moment i cant say there is no end game as there's hardmodes which ive barely touched and when the nexus stuff is fixed pvp gear will be available.

As for PvP yes the massive level difference will cause you to get owned and get infamy if youre ganking low levels but they have to try and please some people. If Ganking had no penalty id be going round with my zerker killing all the low levels in one shot. When more people begin to reach 60 I think the pvp will be more active and much better.
  19. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

No punishment != OTT punishment.
    I mean Firoz ended up rerolling because it was quicker than clearing the infamy he got from killing only about 10-15 lowbies.
  20. Offline

Sweet little nice infos you guys got there, thanks ;] I kind of think the same about PvP tbh, guess when more people get max level, things might chance. But from my youtube videos "experience" it seems that leveling goes like.. slow(!), thats indeed true or ? ;o
    About that PvP debuff (infamy), from what I understand, its like LineAge2 curse or some short, which is not that bad. Guess it makes PvP bit more interesting. (or not?)

I'm totally gonna play Diablo3 like a bawz, as I've been a big fan of Diablo francise, hardcore player etc and waiting this game for about 11-12 years or something (no joke). Been reading and hearing opinions about it, lots say its gonna fail and generally negative comments, which I dont really care tbh as I'm atleast gonna try it out no matter what. I mean, YEARS of waiting! ;p Long story short, it comes down questioning myself, play D3 all the way or switch between some MMORPG (lets say TERA for ex.) and D3 together.. :confused: