Darkfall Unholy Wars

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Selenus, Nov 1, 2012.

1. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Anyone going to try it?

Quite tempted, but it's just one of those games you need people with you. Hardcore pvp galore cause of the full loot, should tempt several of you...!

I know some already played DF in the past, but they're gonna wipe everything and the game is going to be relatively different so... Yeah.
  2. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

I was very tempted to go back, but probably wont unless theres a free trial for current DF owners sometime down the line. still the most fun in PvP i've had over the last few years.
  3. Offline

Vissarion Veteran BOON

I'm following it, but not setting hopes up, actually waiting for things to settle down before i touch it, don't become another df let down.
  4. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

5. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

6. Offline

Littletoe Veteran BOON

I will play the absolute SHIT out of this game, and allready have a spy in a certain LOVLEY guild wich i will be following and griefing!
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I demand you make youtube videos of this since I know which guild it is and I know it will be the easiest ganks of your life.
  8. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

oooh, since I will be playing this, I WANT SOME FRIENDS TO GANK WITH! <3
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I played Darkfall (original version) with Littletoe for about 6months. Never have I witnessed such brutal ganking.

This game turns toe into an animal.
  10. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Yeah Aspira, the only reason why I didn't play the original past the trial is cause I didn't have anyone to play with. I imagine the ganking is just as brutal and backstabby as UO cause of the full loot.

But yeah, curious about the reboot with classes and skills being condensed and stuff.
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Darkfall is the best PvP I have ever had in any MMO ever.
  12. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

UO was my favourite ever for small skirmishes/solo, for probably the same reasons (full loot, betrayal etc), and DAoC for group vs group because the combat system was just such intense and punishing on spellcasters.

So yeah, I'm hoping more people who are into hardcore pvp will at least give this a try, especially since they made the whole skill training to become viable for pvp far easier than it was on the original DF.
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Darkfall was my favourite MMO due to one single event...

Me and some of the guys went out exploring and found a player city. We snuck into the city to see if we could see any players and to our surprise, there were many and they were mostly crafting.

So, like any nice friendly Darkfall player would, we ran in and started killing them all and stealing their stuff, some of which was really decent stuff (stacks of reagents, high tier crafting mats).

At this point, this guy starts screaming in chat for us to stop. He explains this is a neutral trade town and there is a server wide ceasefire on the town. He says his guild run it as a safe place for trading and no PvP is allowed.

So... like nice guys, we apologise and agree to meet them in the middle of town to give the stuff back. We meet up, do a couple of trades to make them think we are serious about being sorry. At this point everyone comes back and starts going about their business again.

Once we are happy everyone is crafting again, we kill them all again and get double what we did initially.

They cry so hard but we just gank them over and over and lol at them in chat until we get bored and leave, with a shitload of mats and gear.

Oh how I loved Darkfall.
  14. Offline

Saul Community Member

Apart from the wall of pain, and being in KDS to play the damned thing. "oops wearing wrong tunic for Guild meeting", I enjoyed DF a hell of a lot.

P.s £5.00 on Toe stalking Prom :) :)
  15. Offline

Littletoe Veteran BOON

He apparently had a nervous breakdown and aint playing anything for a while =D

But yeah DF= the best pvp in any game ive ever played. Was so much fun killing ppl, and so rewarding that you could steal their stuff after that.
    I so hope that they keep the original dragging loot system, it was awesome.
  16. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Anyone have a website with some more info on the basics of the game or shall I just talk a look at the DF website.
  17. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

Aventurine has known for providing very little info about any content they are about to release :p . was the same with the original DF, and is the same now with very little concrete details and information. best bet is to look at the official forums for whatever nuggets of info ppl get
  18. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Yes I've been reading around, and seems so since this game was originally meant to be released tomorrow lmao but has been delayed to 12/12/12 apparently. http://www.darkfallonline.com/blog/?p=3366#.UKOtwHWFIxA

Seems people also aren't confident that will be its fine release date, guess ill have to read around.
  19. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Any other person, I would feel sorry for them... however, as this is Prom, I loled.
  20. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot