Counter-Strike Global Offensive

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by F U R I E, Oct 17, 2011.

1. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Europe vs America at the Intel Extreme Masters.

Valve is really showing off this year with these prerelease tournaments.
  2. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Many, many hours will be lost.
  3. Offline

adagio Moderator

Can a new cs stand against bf3 and cod? I know cs will go open beta at the same time as the others go live. So will it have enough?
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

If the name game is based on the old one in the sense that it is about tactics and team play, and not just running and gunning to try and get a high K : D ratio, then I think the new CS has a good chance at becoming a top FPS, even against BF3 and CoD titles.

As long as when you die you are dead and you need to wait till the round is over before you can respawn, you get guns by buying them each round and not by "making a class", there are no "kill streak bonuses" and they have exact copies of the old de_ maps, then this game will be epic.
  5. Offline

adagio Moderator

It looks to be 1.6 but with extras. The maps and rounds are the same. The only difference is new dummy grenades and molotov cocktails. Each weapons has its own random spray pattern. Looks like some subs get zoom sights as extras. The spectator function looks to be the same as dota2s.

In essence from that video it looks fackin amazing.
  6. Offline

Feidan Community Member

This might be the new game of choice for me to play with my group of IRL friends. CS is the only game every single one of us played together. Also weapon handling in CS 1.6 is my all time favorite out of all fps I've ever played.
  7. Offline

adagio Moderator

Could be the last time we see these great fps's go head to head.

May the best game win and cod stink the place out.
  8. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

1.5 > 1.6

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  9. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

the top comment on that vid is hilarious, wtf.