Console Gaming

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Shantotto, Apr 15, 2011.

1. Offline

Shantotto Guest

I guess seeing as I bought a PS3 to keep me sane while my new pc is waiting for stuff, needed a thread about it.

I got Dead Space 2 with the console, but havn't played it yet, and bought Super streetfighter 4, tekken 6, blazblue:CS, and MVC3.

Any recommendations for good games/ps1 classics I should try out?
  2. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

multiplayers only or? if multiplayer I would really recommend Killzone 3 unless you already have a good shooter.

I guess Red Dead redemption is kinda cool over MP aswell, but I really just got it for the single player.

For SP only: God of War 3 and MGS 4. Other then that I dunno really, I've got Grand Tourismo here aswell and IL-2 Sturmovik both nice but nothing special.
  3. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Heavy Rain, Little Big Planet, MGS4, GT5, Uncharted 1&2.
  4. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Agreed except GT5 (hate racing games), also think about LBP2. Don't bother with Move as the games are wank.

Good MP games not mentioned above, MAG (underrated), BBBC2. RPG's wise apart from DAO and ME2 look at Demon Souls (challenging)!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  5. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Mortal Kombat 9!!

I pre orderd it coming out on monday.

For my xbox though..
  6. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Bought Megadrive Classics ( already have on steam ) but it has streets of rage 3 on PS3 which is <3333, full list:

Alex Kidd in the Enchanted Castle
    Alien Storm
    Altered Beast
    Beyond Oasis
    Bonanza Bros.
    Columns
    Comix Zone
    Decap Attack starring Chuck D. Head
    Dr. Robotnik's MBM
    Dynamite Headdy
    Ecco the Dolphin
    Ecco II: The Tides of Time
    E-SWAT
    Fatal Labyrinth
    Flicky
    Gain Ground
    Golden Axe I
    Golden Axe II
    Golden Axe III
    Kid Chameleon
    Phantasy Star II
    Phantasy Star III: Generations of Doom
    Phantasy Star IV: The End of the Millennium
    Ristar
    Shining in the Darkness
    Shining Force
    Shining Force 2
    Shinobi III: Return of the Ninja Master
    Sonic 3D Blast
    Sonic and Knuckles
    Sonic Spinball
    Sonic The Hedgehog
    Sonic The Hedgehog 2
    Sonic The Hedgehog 3
    Streets of Rage
    Streets of Rage 2
    Streets of Rage 3
    Super Thunder Blade
    Vectorman
    Vectorman 2
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

If you complete Kid Chameleon within the next 20 years without cheats I will give you £100.
  8. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I remember beating it when I was a lot younger, I actually booted up the ROM after you mentioned it and holy shit.

I must have been like a Jedi as a kid :(
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

@Shantotto - Try and get a copy of Alisia Dragoon if your going to be replaying of Sega Megadrive classics. That was probably one of the best games they ever made for that console.
  10. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

I still have my mega drive. I play streets of rage series, golden axe series and the old mortal kombat series with friends from time to time
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Serious question.....

Does anyone know if there is a USB version of the old Megadrive 3button controller ?

I have found like old 6 button dreamcast controllers, but looking for a 3button pad to use with my emulator.
  12. Offline

Shantotto Guest

The 6 button megadrive controllers were the best, silence :p

Both xbox and ps3 versions of the madcatz fightpad work on PC and it's very similar button setup to that gorgeous megadrive 6 button pad.
  13. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I got a wii and the michael jackson experience. Has a rating system of 1 star to 5 star and an expert ranking of Chops style if you groom kids whilst dancing!
  14. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I have 4 original 3 button megadrive controllers but yea, USB wasn't invented then so they only work with the megadrive, not with the emulator on the PC. Unfortunately a lot of my cartridges are broken or lost now as the console is coming up on 20 years old so I play a lot more on the emulator than the console itself. Just wish you could get a replica of the 3button pad with a USB connection. Would be epic. For now I just use an xbox 360 controller.
  15. Offline

adagio Moderator

I always say this on megadrive threads but megalomania was the one game I wasted my school days on. I personally blame that game for me only getting 96% in my maths kicks but not revising trigonometry.
  16. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I'm sure you could find one, I'm almost certain you could get a USB Saturn controller which is at LEAST as good, especially if you get a japanese version.

Yes, you can Cheap as hell too

saturn controllers are probably my all-tme favourite

[IMG]

But yeah, the tiny 6button Mega Drive pad is still awesome.

[IMG]
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Megadrive controllers were the pinnacle of gaming pads :p
  18. Offline

Shantotto Guest

These are the best controllers you can buy now imo, the D-pad is elevated so you can get quite precise inputss, they have a shoulder button on each side as well, and selectable turbo per button.

[IMG]

[IMG]
  19. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I thought you would use arcade sticks shanto ?

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  20. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Ideally yes, but have you seen the price of a decent stick? It's like £150 on this side of the pond :p Need to decide how much I want to play fighting games before actually buying one lol.