Competetive necro builds

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by TriedFailed, Aug 27, 2012.

1. Offline

TriedFailed Community Member

2. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

3. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

hsulf set me up with his conditionmancer setup (least it looks alot like his).

Works out really well, I massively enjoyed it in the spvp we did. In some matches we came up against teams with like 2-3 condition classes and they'd basically be ruled out by me taking conditions off team members and either bouncing them back on opponents/converting to boons or just using them to heal me.

At some point I'll try the power one, but for now the condition one is awesomes.
  4. Offline

Karura Community Member

5. Offline

Spud Community Member

That looks too single target orientated to me, may be good against a few foes, but i am far from convinced that plague form isnt the best elite skill so far for the 'Boon Bombs' that we do most of. For me the necro has two basic functions for pour play style, either spread as much condition damage as possible or reverse condition damage on as large a scale as possible which means AOE.

I still think Epidemic, when applied right is very OP but im not complaining, its fun to watch a mass of health bars melt in a few seconds.
  6. Offline

Karura Community Member

Spud: Indeed everything dies super fast when we hit them and I dont feel like I have alot of time to dmg the enemy before they are all gone. And then again Necros aint the best when it comes to spike dmg.

Would you guys mind showing your builds in this thread or did I miss them elsewhere ?
  7. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Spud: Agree, i do like to play DS alot but that build seems too single target focused. On Elites i agree aswell, but i switch to Flesh Golem when we are engaging buildings - the charge of FG on a door hits around 8-10x, same damage as a normal white attack from a weapon but at least you can leave the FG hitting the door while you focus range attacks on the battlements.

Karura: Actually we were discussing this on another thread