Choices

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by adagio, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Offline

adagio Moderator

After checking with multiplay last night about the extra upgrades to the server i found a 12 man 1gb server will cost us £45.00 per 3 months. Now take into account that the server costs us now £22.50 for 3 months this is a bit of a jump. This leaves us two options;

a, we rent the extra space and memory to cope with demand or

b, we order a 2nd 10 man 640mbs server which is just a creative mess around server for all.

Both will cost us the same and both have advantages aswell as disadvantages. just thought i would leave it open until I get on TS tonight.
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

The only sensible option is to rent additional space and memory as we need it. Splitting people onto separate servers is never a good idea and tbh, anyone wanting to do creative projects will more than likely do it offline.

Even with 14 people on the whitelist who have donated, I have never seen us with more than 9 people online. I would say wait, and if we hit 10/10 with an 11th wanting to log in, then we up it to 12 man for 3months, then at the end of the three months, drop it back to 10 if demand drops or keep it at 12.
  3. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

I agree, splitting mightn't be the best idea.

Saying that, if we can't afford the upgrade with the money in the "kitty" we wait till more people sign up, and we upgrade as we go. As I don't think we have had a situation where someone can't get into the server, as a result of it being full.
  4. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Imo only way out is getting more space.