[Chloromancer/Archon] lvl 40+ team support

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Specter, Mar 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Playing chloromancer at 40+ is a great thing, since you can combine lots of passive skills from archon tree and become a support bomb with huge heals and awesome auras. The damage is not superb, but if you want Team damage (for aoe dungeon nuke) go for Stormcaller or Pyromancer (for single target nuke)

Unfortunately, what nerien said...
    ...doesnt really apply in dungeon crawling, because you will WANT to be on healing (by using your life skills) all the time, so you can't really stop to channel devouring shadows...
    Like i said, if you're stopping for devouring shadows, you're not healing your tank/team, so you might aswell go for full aoe dps with storm...

So without any further adue:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zRzv.xdIuoVczRo.hRIcMfbozM.xo

32 chloromancer
    28 archon
    6 floating (i put in warlock, to get more charge, oportunity and mana management)

*this gives:
    - 4 archon auras !!!
    - 1 chloro aura
    - a recharge skill for teamates (those stormcallers are mana-sponges, did yah know?)

If you would like to go Full chloro, this may be the best combination:
    http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zRq_.EdIuqAIkRR.Vx0z

this gives:
    - 2 GOOD aoe skills (that unfortunately you can't spam on every pull, so you'll have to think about their usage)
    - 10% damage reduction and +30% chance to crit heals after a damage spell
    - debuff for boss fights (+7% damage also means + 7% heal from lifegiving veil ... )
  2. Offline

Ary Community Member

You dont use Warlock for dmg, u use warlock because of the bonuses, 5 % crit, increased health 10%, spell power increased 20%, 2 lifesavers ( 80% dmg reduc, 50% health increased + health increased ), lifetap, warlock armor.

Chloromancer is not able to heal any tier 1 or tier 2 unless megamacro geared. A pure healer, like Warden, in this case Kneels is not able to keep people alive. Chloromancer as u said is support, and you dont want to have ur stats nerfed with archon, since u decrease ur stats to give ur group more stats; yes ofc u have another spell to counter each of the stats u scacrifice, but they are not life spells, u wont heal shit and trust me, u arent able to cast anything else but life to keep the massive healing that u need in high tiers.

I also wanted archon + chloromancer, but definetely shit, warlock + chloro beats archon in duo heal, and definetely not worth it if u get chloro as main healer :) Just my opinion ;)

Chloro spec i run for T2:

http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=0zvRs.xx0V0Vqxo.xdIukAczoo

And I have no time to use anything else but life spells to keep up people up, not to mention kneels is the main healer ( warden ) :)

However maybe at 40-50 chloro+archon is worth it, doesnt hurt to try :p but i dont suggest that for after 50 experts :p
  3. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Actually the archon skills that increase stats are 5 minute buff duration, so you can focus on spaming life spells perfectly.

I find it much more effective to give your party aditional buffs, that will increase survivability than having the passives from warlock, since you're not casting warlock skills anyway... But thats my opinion.
  4. Offline

Ary Community Member

increases others, reduces urs [IMG]
  5. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

First off I see you both got points in call of spring which actually is quite a bad talent would be better off spending the points in the life damage one.
    This being since call off spring only affects bloom and flourish where hardly any of our total healing come from.

As for warlock + chloromancer soul as ary said all the warlock passives from the talents help out quite a bit. Since more life damage means more healing from our spells.
    Don't know either why you would think I use devouring shadows in a group I'm supposed to heal in...
    I only use it while I'm out questing and want to take on a few mobs at the same time.
  6. Offline

Ary Community Member

Well maybe not now, but I suggest u watch the T2 video final boss in Abyssal Precipice, check the tanks health and the group health, well lots of fights are like that so, to me atm works :p
  7. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Well, yes it reduces your's to increase others, but at the same time, the buffs you get will not only compensate for the stat loss, but give you a boost and they last 5 minutes, so you dont have to recast them while under healing pressure.

Also, you get 20% inc damage from warlock, and with 4 auras you get 16% from archon, wich is not that much different...

In regard of call of spring, are you sure that it doesnt increase the healing? cause from what i read, it says it increases healing spell and effects... i suppose lifegiving veil's healing is one of those effects ? Why shouldn't it increase it?

Also, archon gives you increase your healing by 16% aswell... i'm not sure if the game counts this % twice in regard to life-giving veil interaction with life spells...(if it does work, then this is better than having 20% damage bonus) Even if it doesn't, these 16% will be applied to bloom and flourish, that shouldn't be affected by the 20% increase from warlock passives.

Also, when it comes to numbers and percentages, lifegiving veil is great, yes, but your bloom and flourish in regards of heal, will heal for a much bigger number than your life spells+ lifegiving veil combo (except for nature's touch, perhaps), making those 16% heal bonus shine.

So, with this in mind, i still believe that having the ability to increase team stats (raid wide, btw) combined with the stronger instant heals can be much better, since armor and elemental resists will reduce incoming damage (maybe more than the 4% we're missing from the increased heal in life spells), give more HP to whole team AND increase damage output!

Now, if you multiply those bonus by 4 you get the idea of the effectiveness of this build in a 20 man raid!

Again, my opinion :)
  8. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

Call of spring dosen't effect lifefgiving veil or radiant spores at all thats why I'm not going to bother with it.
  9. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

After the raid boss yesterday, i'm safe to say that Chloro + Archon combo is really amazing.