Character Naming and speaking English on Korean Servers

Discussion in 'TERA' started by Aspira, Sep 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Just a quick post because I have had three people ask the same question in PMs in the last two days....

There seems to be a rumor going around that if you name your character on the Korean server using Roman letters and not Hangul, you will get instant banned. I would just like to say that this is complete rubbish and should be ignored.

I know people who have been playing Korean TERA since the beta with names spelled fully in Roman letters with no Hangul in their names at all and they have never been banned. The game allows you to use Hangul and Roman letters as well as full capslock, spaces, numbers and punctuation. They would not give you these options if they didn't want you to use them. A lot of Korean players play with fully Western spelled names, so why would all players with these types of names get instant banned if the Koreans use them too ? This is just a rumor being spread to scare people and should be ignored.

Additionally, you can speak to the Korean players in English without fearing a ban. As long as you make an attempt to speak to them in Korean (guide on useful phrases here: http://booncontrol.com/threads/tera-romanised-korean-useful-phrases-ingame-commands.1007/) then they are more than happy to talk to you in English since you made an attempt.

As long as you do not spam the major chat channel with English, you will be fine. Keep English chat in your guild, group, whisper and /say channels and you will be fine.
  2. Offline

Alarisia Community Member

Wow how could I have missed that... hmm well I feel stupid now, is there a way you can delete the thread I made or something? I'm sorry I am surprised I missed that thread...
    My thread:http://booncontrol.com/threads/helpful-grouping-terms-in-k-tera.1979/

I have also been asked all of those questions a lot though, everyone is scared of using English letters in the game, no one should be though. I have also never heard or seen anyone get banned for having english names or typing in english. A lot of Korean players have english names/guild names, a few even type in English some, although it is rare I have ran into it. :p
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yea I will just leave your thread dude, can never offer too much help. :p
  4. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer