character lock thread

Discussion in 'TERA' started by dojihoturie, Feb 13, 2012.

1. Offline

dojihoturie Community Member

Hey, well this is pretty much a continuation on my other thread in the "general guide & help" section ( but didn't read the "general guide" portion), so don't quote me on this, but I did some digging and it would appear that Hangame has stated to the community to actively seek out and report and English typing or English names (which unfortunately all my characters have).
    If you haven't bothered reading my other thread, which is pretty much to see if anyone else had similar problems as me it was rather short:
    Uh, ok so where am I going with this? Well, it's been about 2 weeks since my highest level character got "frozen" and just recently my second highest character also got locked. And so I was scavenging the Internet for answers, but apparently I might have been a victim of Hangame's " Search and Destroy" foreigners.

Hopefully I'm just paranoid and everything will clear up by next week... (crosses fingers), but I'm just making this thread to try and alert any other foreign K-Tera players out there to be careful.

Also, if this has happened to you before and IT HAS cleared up, please please please tell me... Or if it hasn't cleared up.... Also tell me...

-doji
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

A lot of Koreans use English character names, so I'm not sure I believe that.

As long as you don't type in English in general chat your fine. Most Koreans enjoy playing with foreigners and try out there English skills on you if you party with them. Doubt they would report you.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  3. Offline

dojihoturie Community Member

As much as I doubt it as well, it's undeniable that currently two of my characters are inaccessible and without a reason from Hangames (i haven't received any emails from them stating why I cannot login).
    I realize that there are MANY other foreign players out there and I don't make myself a target by spamming general chat (but I do queue for dungeons often). So I don't know if I'm the only case of character locking out there, or if other people have been locked from their character as well.
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

It definitely seems weird dude.

I used to advertise in the LFG chat whenever I was wanting to do dungeons and I would write what dungeons I wanted to do etc. in broken Korean. I would get lots on invites but the players I was grouped with knew straight away that I was not Korean and I would even type to them in broken Korean that I knew some basic phrases etc. but my overall knowledge was poor. They would then speak in English the whole dungeon run, not because they felt they had to for my sake, but more because I think they just wanted to speak to the foreigner.

My only suggestion, if you wish to access these characters again, is to contact the supplier of your account and ask them if they offer a service where they can check out your account and see if they can figure out why these characters are blocked.

I know that in the past I have had my account checked by the place which supplied my account when I have had problems I could not resolve. They would charge like $10 or something then would tell you what exactly was wrong and fix it if they could. So it might be worth trying this out.