Bounty Hunter - Powertech Spec's Thread

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Katiechops, Nov 27, 2011.

1. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

2. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

This is what I'm thinking for BH tank spec, it's pretty cookie cutter, there's really no other way to go for tank spec'd BH than this:

3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

@Astarael - I would possibly take 2 points out of Puncture in the Advanced Prototype tree and instead put them into Prototype Burn Enhancers.

Reason for this is you have already chosen three talents in the Shield Tech tree that buff your fire damage (Intimidation, Combust, Heat Charge), and you have not taken the Rail Shot damage upgrade, Rail Loaders. So to me it would seem like more sence to buff your burn/fire damage even further than than spending a the points on the rail shot upgrade in the Advanced Prototype tree ? Unless of course there is a soft cap on crit and you can get up near it without the Burn Enhancer talent.

Other than that I think all the talents really complement each other pretty well dude.
  4. Offline

yeah, when i got to that point I was just 'meh'ing where the last points should go, but looking at it again you're definitly right, the crit in fire stacks pretty nicely with flame shield and the cooldown reduction to flame thrower.
  5. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

Maybe onf oe the BH's from BETA can help me out here, regarding Rocket Punch. It says in the description is allows for a knock back effect, but I've seen plenty of footage where Rocket punch does sweet FA in regards to knock back.

Any clarity on this? Does the knock back only work on weak opponents or should it be 100% effective?

Edit: Think I answered my own question, only afterburners from merc talent tree can cause knock back - I swear it says knock back in the normal talentless description which is misleading!
  6. Offline

yeah, you did indeed work it out yourself. no knockback unless merc talented. still supercool

SHORYUKEN
  7. Offline

Hsulf Veteran BOON

lols, indeed my bounty hunter has become Ryu!! <3 street fighter.
  8. Offline

mine can be Ken, tag team that shit!