BOON Minecraft server - ATT: All users

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aspira, Mar 10, 2012.

?

What do you want done to the Minecraft server ?

Nothing, leave it as it is. 1 vote(s) 8.3%
Split up creative and legit builders by giving them their own maps, but add no mods. 3 vote(s) 25.0%
Leave it as is (all builders on same map) but add Tekkit mod. 3 vote(s) 25.0%
Split up creative and legit builders giving them their own maps, and add Tekkit mod. 5 vote(s) 41.7%
  1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

adagio
    Fizzee
    Aspira
    Saul
    Blackspear
    Korso
    Fozia
    Acina
    Spud
    Pauleh
    Gizmodio

Firstly, sorry if I missed anyone off the list, tried to alert all the people who are payed up and whitelisted, but if I missed you off the list, sorry, was doing it from memory.

So, here is the idea we have for the server.....

We can run two maps, and we are thinking of setting up the config to have one map that is normal mode (so people have to mine in order to get materials) and have one map that is creative mode enabled for all players.

You will not be able to transfer materials from one map to another, so don't worry about people being sneaky like that. They will be two totally different maps on the same server, so people can chat away to each other and what not, but creative players and classic players can both play the way they want to and not get in each others way.

The down side to all this is that I am almost certain that we will need to disable the nether, as I think the second "real world map" will take place of the nether, but I need to look into it more.

Also, we are considering installing the multiplayer version of the Technik pack on the server, called Tekkit. This mod is insanely easy to install as it is all done via an installer program, so no worries about putting files in folders and all that bollox as it does it for you. What this mod adds, it pretty much the industrial revolution of Minecraft. It adds oil, engines, machinery, solar power, nuclear power, in depth alchemy, loads of stuff. BAsically, when you play minecraft and you hit that point of having your house and a nice mine and a steady income of diamonds etc. and you feel like you have hit the "endgame" of minecraft, what tekkit does is adds more. Once you hit the "endgame" you can then tech into more modern technologies like oil refining and nuclear power etc. etc.

See these videos if your still clueless.....

So yea, all you guys who are playing Minecraft on the BOON server, have your say, as you guys are helping run it with your donations.

Do you want a creative map and a classic map ?

Do you want Tekkit ?

Let us know because looking for an answer on this by the end of the weekend.
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Post up why you voted for what also.

Always nice to know rather than just voting and not explaining.
  3. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

Oh Tekkit mod.

I would be interested getting back to playing if that's added.
  4. Offline

Saul Community Member

I voted for stay as is but with Tekkit.

The only reason I voted that is I really cant be arsed to start again, Ive invested a load of time on mind numbing boring brick work and am just getting started on the nice make it pretty and interesting stuff.

If you guys say we loose nothing no matter what, then I would vote for separate with Tekkit on both maps, if your saying we would need new maps then I would rather not and to be honest would probably find it difficult to start again.
  5. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

keep with Tekkit. Don't like seperating people so Tekkit and let people choose if they want to just build or play legit!
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

You would lose nothing no matter what.

I honestly don't care if we separate people or not, the only reason I suggested it is so that we can easily identify legit builds from creative builds.

It's not really separating each other as we are all on the same server and only a portal trip away from each other.
  7. Offline

Gizmodio Community Member

^
    |
    not that i play any on the MC server, but i agree with Aspiras post. i like beeing able to know what creations actually deserves my applause and what ones does not :p and we aint really separated, its like beeing in the other room, its just a door/portal between us :)
  8. Offline

Korso Veteran BOON

I guess Tekkit is OK. But yeah, creative players should definitely have their own map.
  9. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

square buildings is totally creative im telling you!
  10. Offline

Juggernaught Community Member

I hope im still whitelisted alghough I havent been on in a long time. Gonna start playing some more minecraft since im bored ;)
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

You are dude, sorry I missed you off the list in the OP >.<
  12. Offline

Angelo Community Member

That's like me saying, I'm telling you tubes and blocks is really engineering or magic.

Im not too bothered, I'd play whatever.
  13. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

I selected last one. Tekkit is really cool to have and i like idea of "2 servers" as i want to do more creative building.
  14. Offline

Pauleh Veteran BOON

this is all new to me but 2 maps sounds good, i would like to do somethings in the creative mode, but i don't know if i have that much creativity tho was on the single player the other night for 2 hours just planting tnt and blowing shit up constantly trying to get to the bottom of the world, it kept me amused atleast, altho i did build my irl house a few nights before (was a bit pants, and now its been blown up too but meh) ^_^

also nice to see what people can build with all the hard grinding and effort rather than "cheating" on the other side of the coin if you will :p
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

When your new to minecraft, you spend the first few weeks building square houses and playing with TNT.

After a few weeks of that, you actually start building nice things.
  16. Offline

Korso Veteran BOON

Or, if you are like me, with zero talent, you will build square buildings forever!
  17. Offline

Pauleh Veteran BOON

i'll try to move onto more spherical buildings later maybe i can build a technological terror type star thing but for now being square is all i can do