BOON Controls future MMO Plans 2011 to 2012

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Katiechops, Apr 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

As we are currently not active in any one MMO atm I thought it was worth posting the current MMO plans for BOON Control for the rest of the year and into 2012 so everyone has a good idea of what we are planning and going to really focus on.

Currently we are watching 5 MMOs namely;

Lineage 2 - Goddess of Destruction (More info end April - Hoping to play Summer 2011)

READ THIS. As I said there this was my first MMO, most hardcore and brutal PvP mmo I have played no where to hide in this game. The only issue we will have on this game will be if they create a new EU server or not, sieging in US time zone is a no no for a serious EU Guild and joining a 7 year old server the same too.

Tera (EU) (Beta Not Known Yet - Release expecting Q3 or Q4 2011)

This is the game with all the drama ie Stolen Lineage 3 issues etc and yeah if feels very much like Lineage and Aion so no surprises there, two very big aspects to this game are AIM to HIT! no auto targeting you even have to aim your heals like a fps, the second is OMFG a democratic voting system which gives guild control of zones. The more cock you suck the more land you have,,, however there are pvp areas to fight for too /phew

Alot of BOONs including myself have played this on the Korean servers already and yes its a nice game worth giving a go.

Guild Wars 2 (Beta Not Known Yet suspect Q3-Q4 2011 - Release Not Known again suspect Q1-Q2 2012)

Most people coming to the forums atm and watching BOON are pretty much waiting for us to go to Guild Wars 2 following our great sucess in Aion and want to be a part of repeating that success in GW2.

Myself and other BOONs were very fortunate to get to play GW2 for a week ( thx NCSoft and Arenanet <3 ) and were very impressed to say the least and when it comes out it will certainly be my main focus in MMOs.

Star Wars - The Old Republic (Beta who knows not me - Release who knows not them)

The world has been watching this for years now and its getting there, to date I have had that sinking feeling it will be for fanboi's only but thats ok since I am one,, infact half the planet is... but from what I have seen so far I am not overly confident of it as a suitable longterm MMO and can see us playing GW2 right over it.

Warhammer 40k - Dark Millenniom - NOT DATES OR A CLUE :p

Only this,,,, but fuck me give a giant mech please...

Recruitment

As always BOON will only open recruitment to new games when we start either playing beta or get close to release and as always will only recruit players who are looking to make a serious effort in that particular game.

If there is a future game above you are interested in playing with BOON then we can only ask that you book mark this page and routinely visit us as your game approaches, most of you recruitmented will likely be done by invitation at start and then followed by open recruitment to fill the class gaps to complete a balanced guild roster.
  2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

A nice lineup tbh.

Think I am going to chill out the next few months and wait for EU TERA.
  3. Offline

Nerien "Bad Boy"

I'm one of those that is just going to wait for Guild Wars 2 and avoid any newer mmo games entirely until I can play it.
  4. Offline

Miyo Community Member

wait... what?

:'(
  5. Offline

Tal The Architect

You know it's an official post from KC when it hasn't been spellchecked.
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Lol yea, and also the excessive use of commas ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
  7. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

Spellchecking if for the weak,,,,,,
  8. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Sigh, not even going to bother fixing this :p

You might want to add Firefall to the list, it's looking promising :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Does it have a release date now ?
  10. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

kk, get on vent tonight you are MIA atm, sniff... more hanging out with BOONs less hanging out with tarts.... (lol i am dead)
  11. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

Judging from some other thread we should start playing starcraft 2 :D
    BTW, i was really well impressed with the warhammer 40k vids :) the graphics are not skyrocket, but i kind of like the animated cartoon style of it, and its sci-fi ish!
  12. Offline

Mizou Community Member

this goes for me too

summer is coming very quick this year, hell we have 28 celcius out there and the beer is delicious, hence all the sweet girls in bikinis and minis ;) yeaha !
  13. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Not yet, although as we're speculating I'll say Q4 2011 beta the Q1 2012 release :p

14. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Probably!!

15. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Really hoping Swtor does not dissapoint, and if it does in the multiplayer aspect im sure the singleplayer content will keep me subbing for months (and its star wars ffs)

But my nr 1 mmo that i am waiting for is the warhammer 40k dark millenium game. This is the game that is going to kill my real life
  16. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

If you ever looked at an old game, like DAoC, Everquest, Lineage etc and wondered "are there really people that played this game from scratch and still do? They must be utterly pimp" - that's me in 10 years in DMO. An mmorpg set in the WH40k universe is just <the fanboy is at lack of words>.
  17. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

/fixed
  18. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARK MILLLLEEEENIUM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

well i go wherever the boon go aka whereever KC goes
  19. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Im going to chill out as well since i have some rl issues however i will try to get on ts soon :)
  20. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

i dont care tbh, just tell me what you are going to play, and when, and ill be there, loaded of availability and motivation :playful:.

ofc gw2 is diferent, and it indeed has priority.