Boon Control and Yogscast Play ArcheAge

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fizzee, Mar 16, 2012.

• by Fizzee, Mar 16, 2012 at 7:53 PM

Fizzee Veteran BOON

[IMG]

Boon Control recently had the pleasure of playing guides to the lads of Yogscast in the recent closed beta test of ArcheAge. Our very own Acina and Aspira joined Simon (Honeydew[ugu]) and Lewis (Xephos) with some non speaking guides from Boon and other press sites, to show the world this extremely interesting MMO.

Archeage is a Korean made MMO from XLGames which uses CryEngine 3 for the graphics, animations and physics to produce the finest looking MMO to date.
    The main focus of AA is the open nature of the game, you create and destroy the world you live in.

As you will see in the coming weeks as Yogscast pump out this footage, and from other videos found online, ArcheAge boasts a variety of features you do not see in most MMOs to come to the west including but not limited to: Dynamic environments within a persistent world, Player and guild housing, Mass PvP with seiges of castles, Naval warfare with your own boats and warships... the list goes on.

If you would like a chance to see this all with your own eyes then you must spread the information of AA far and wide, show games publishers in the western world that there is an interest in bringing ArcheAge over to us, as it is the only thing holding it back!

Thanks again to Simon and Lewis, the Boon Control members (Aspira, Acina, Katiechops, Blackspearr & Fizzee) and of course a huge thanks to archeagesverige.nu (Ikea), archeagesource.com (Entaro) & Betacake.net (Baggs), and of course Amaterasu without whom the later and very awesome footage would not have been possible!

If you have come from the Yogs videos and would like to know more about AA or any other games we here at Boon Control play and support, please join the forum, but be aware that we do operate an 18+ rule for all in game guild members.

Now, On to the videos!
    And this one is their top 5 which has Acina burning down the house at #4
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Fizzee, Mar 16, 2012.

1. Acina
    We have official press accounts from the Korean publisher (XL Games).
  2. Fizzee
    Members of the press did not require any illegal methods to aquire logins.

We were given foreign press accounts to use on the condition we spread the word of AA and as we managed to rope Yogscast into AA I think Boon Control managed to keep our end of the bargin very well.
  3. Acina
    Added the 5th video :D
  4. Peaceguard
    Katiechops meowing in my dreams, just what I need! ^^
  5. Aspira
    Oh dear at part 5.

Its even more embarrassing watching it back, lol.

I blame Acina tbh.

Oh, and the angry looking Korean man with a sword, he was high level and scary!!!
  6. Acina
    I'm still pissing myself, completely staged!
  7. Fizzee
    OFC it was :uhhuh:
  8. Angelo
    Nice one guys!
  9. Gurtholfin
    /signed

These videos are awesome, the last #5 being particularly hilarious. Well done on getting such a high profile for the guild too!
  10. Ebel
    Nice way of beginning a friendship by burning their house haha.
  11. Fizzee
    Acina was hilarious, I was on the TS with the random guy and the non guild associates whilst Aspira Acina and Katie were with the yogs, Acina logs on randomly and says "I may have accidentally burned the house down, how do I fix it" to the Korean speaking chaps...
    Lol'd hard
    • Like Like x 4
  12. Acina
    Shhhhhhhhh.....
  13. Ledgendairy
    Been following the yogscast ever since I saw their review of star trek online which was hilarious and spot on and this cast was awesome. Great job creating awareness for this game guys.
  14. Fizzee
    Updated with #6
  15. adagio
    looking good guys, shame its over
  16. Aspira
    Aww no more ArcheAge T_T

Much love to Simon and Lewis for agreeing to play this with us and I hope everyone enjoyed getting to see an epic game that I can only hope makes its way to Europe in its current form, and not as some Westernised version.
  17. Tvar
    Let's just hope it makes it here alltogether, in english please.
  18. adagio
    Does Korea really have a console market like we do? I mean, I get the feeling consoles in the west take about 80% of the gaming market but I get the feeling its a lot lower in Korea. Thats why games like Archeage exist and why it will probably be driven to playable Cod console levels by the time it hits the west.

Also any news from your contacts about a west release?
  19. Aspira
    PC is the number one platform in Korea as far as I know.

No word on Western release.