Blood Bowl

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Shaftsplitter, Feb 26, 2012.

1. Offline

Shaftsplitter Veteran BOON

Question for people, does anyone else have Blood Bowl for the PC? (either edition)

For those who don't know what Blood Bowl is, its one of Games Workshop's best selling / most popular boardgames ever. Its basically American Football but with the races from WFB. Cyanide Productions (http://www.bloodbowl-game.com/) released the first PC game back in 2009 followed by Legacy Edition.
  2. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I don't own it, but I have played it.

It is absolutely excellent.
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I own it, but its not installed at tbh, I didn't buy it off Steam so I have no idea where I bought it from and would probably need to buy it again.

I have played it and it was okay, nothing special though.

Original board game was better imo.
  4. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I own it :mad:, I BLAME ASPIRA!
  5. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

I bought it... Played the tutorial

un-installed it
  6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Anyone care to elaborate, so far as someone who's never played it I have nothing to go on except Allstar thinks its excellent, Doodle thinks its crap and Aspira thinks its ok (and KC makes the mistake of going on Aspira's recommendations)

Would be interested in seeing reasons for picking this up or avoiding it.
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Fizzee - AI was retarded, content got very samey very fast and the multiplayer was laggy.

It was a really good game, but lacked long term replayability. If you can buy it for 15 quid or less, then I would say it would be worth buying just so you can try it. Anymore than 15 quid, not worth it.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  8. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Not knowing the rules of american football and having no real interest in that sport what so ever did not help my cause... its warhammer thats why i bought it but i wish it was something else than it is :(
  9. Offline

Saul Community Member

I have it and I love it, DarkElves ftw...

It is American Football but ultra violence, I tend to have phases when I play it quite a lot.
  10. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

I prefer real life Bloodbowl. So many teen summer nights playing until dawn. Oh the memories...
  11. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

This and I love and played US Football, like warhammer and omg liked playing the actual board game, I lasted like one evening and was ffs 40 quid down the drain
  12. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

13. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

14. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

looks good,, but yeah got burned for 40 quid the last time ><
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

This game would be awesome if it was like MMO style where you played as one guy and joined a team and you battled guild vs guild controlling one dude.

Actually.... it would just end up with nobody playing bloodbowl and just a huge killfest wouldn't it.... then again, is that a bad thing?
  16. Offline

Gib Community Member

I still have my original boxed bloodbowl with teams I painted myself. Same as spacehulk these games were always best on the floor with miniatures than on a PC or console.
  17. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

18. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

While the release of Blood Bowl 2 is approaching (September 22), learn about Blood Bowl 2 through the Overview Trailer as the game unveils its full pre-order campaign.Additional races include Lizardmen and Wood Elves joining the 8 existing races, and more bonuses are offered for every pre-order made at the participating retailers and online stores.

From today, you can pre-order Blood Bowl 2, the videogame adaptation of the famous tabletop from Games Workshop that smashes Warhammer and American football together. Here's more info about all the offers:

PlayStation 4 :

PlayStation 4 players will get an additional race - the Lizardmen - when pre-ordering the game at the participating retailers. They come with their own AI, design and players: Skinks, Saurus and Kroxigors. They also host their own Star Players: Slibli and Hemlock!Click here for more info[www.bloodbowl-game.com].

Xbox One :

Xbox One playerswill get an additional race - the Wood Elves - when pre-ordering the game at the participating retailers. They come with their own AI, design and players: Passers, Wardancers, Catchers, Linemen and the violent Treeman. They also bring their own star players: Dolfar Longstride and Jordell Freshbreeze!Click here for more info[www.bloodbowl-game.com].

PC :

PC playerspre-ordering Blood Bowl 2 on Steam will be able to pick one of the two races mentioned above and will also be granted access to the Multiplayer Beta a few weeks before release. That'll be the perfect opportunity to test the different teams and also share their feedback with the dev team.Click here for more info[www.bloodbowl-game.com].

All these offers, bonuses and participating retailers are detailed on .the official website of Blood Bowl 2[www.bloodbowl-game.com].