Blizzcon 2011 - Anyone buying virtual tickets ?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aspira, Oct 18, 2011.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Anyone here bought a Blizzcon virtual ticket in the past and can tell me about the quality of the stream ? Is it worth the money if I only want to watch SC2 ?

I honestly couldn't care less about Diablo 3, I have played WoW to death and couldn't care about it either, but I am still tempted to spend the £25 for a virtual ticket just to watch the SC2 tournament and to watch the Foo Fighters play the main stage.

SC2 Tournament is has the following players....

North America

Kyeonghyun “SeleCT” Ryoo
    Shawn “Sheth” Simon

Europe
    Jos “Ret” de Kroon
    Johan “NaNiwa” Lucchesi

Russia
    Dmytro “Dimaga” Filipchuk
    Pavel “Brat_OK” Kuznetcov

Latin America
    Juan “terran” Tena
    Felipe “KiLLeR” Zúñiga

Korea
    Jaeduk “NesTea” Lim
    Jonghyun “Mvp” Jung

Taiwan
    Yang “Sen” Chia Cheng
    Liu “Nifi” Yi-Ting

SEA/ANZ
    Andrew “mOOnGLaDe” Pender
    Thomas “JazBas” Cho

China
    Dai “Loner” Yi
    Huang “ToodMing” Huiming

Obviously my money is on MVP or Nestea to win, but I still think it may be a good tournament to watch.

Very interesting also is that Blizzard have flown Bisu, Jaedong, Jangbi, Fantasy over to Blizzcon. So are we going to see the return of some Broodwar matches at Blizzcon after it was missing last year ? Very tempted to buy a ticket tbh.
  2. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

Ingeresting lineup but meh, 25 pounds to watch 1 tournament when you're not interested in WoW or Diablo? No thanks.
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

You get to see Foo Fighter too tho!!! :p

I know it is a bit expensive but I am tempted. Anyone bought the virtual ticket before and can comment on the stream quality ? Also, do they have VODs for SC" included in the virtual ticket price ?
  4. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I have and the quality is pretty damn good. I got it for the wow info and grunty pet! Which I must point out you can sell the code and recoup most if not all your £25.

You can watch it live or anytime after as it's recorded. The sexy cosplay comp FTW.
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Good point tbh. This year you get a Diablo 3 themed Murloc pet. Pretty sure I could just sell that and make my money back then.
  6. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

I watched it last year and the stream was high quality - just like watching a TV channel mate. I then sold the code for the Murloc WoW pet for £75 :p so more than made back the initial £25!!
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Hmm...... I am buying it then.
  8. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Me too at that profit!
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

TS party for Blizzcon!! Woot!!! We can all get drunk and lol at the Warcraft Cosplayers.
  10. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Sweeet! What date is it?
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

This weekend.
  12. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Oh cool! Sounds like a great idea.
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I hope some fat kid breaks his leg during the dance contest again, like last year.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  14. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

paying to see blizzcon virtually? has it always been like that? So people could pay to see Tenacious D. last time as well?
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

They have always offered virtual tickets for Blizzcon.

16. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Only the past 2 years. I paid both. Saw ozzy first year and the D last year.
    The D played the same set as reading festival so wasn't as good for me.
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yea I watched D on YouTube after the event.

18. Offline

Felby Community Member

I bought it last year and the quality is like 1080p at least, flawless
    everything is recorded on the spot so you can rewind and rewatch any time you want
    I also did the buy stream / sell pet thing to a collector in my WoW guild I was in at the time for a profit
    Also went back and rewatched Tenacious D a couple of times, even had it on big screen at a party once just because :p
  19. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Bought my ticket.

WTS 1 MURLOC PET
    VERY RARE
    £150 ono
  20. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

how long is the VOD's up for, forever? does anyone know if it will be one SC 2 stream or several concurrent ones?