Blizzard Bring Out The Big Guns

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Saul, Nov 21, 2011.

1. Offline

Saul Community Member

2. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Only 10million now?! :s
  3. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

4. Offline

Felby Community Member

they've lost over 2 million subs after cata
  5. Online

Feidan Community Member

And the numbers keep falling. Their thinking to abandon the sinking ship and leave pandas just to bring the good ideas if they have any into Titan is probably for the best.
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I thought the WoW subs were already down at around 10~11million by the middle to end of WotLK expansion.

Wasn't the 12million subs number not thrown around at the peak of BC, which was probably the peak of WoW. Ever since Sunwell its been a downward spiral of "accessible content".
  7. Offline

Felby Community Member

yeah pretty much
    they had a surge of new or coming back subs when cata released, but its been declining again after that

imo I think they are just going to release two more expansions including this panda thing, and then set their eyes towards titan
    but its most definitively a sinking ship
  8. Online

Feidan Community Member

Even lore has been mutilated to such an extent that there is no reason to keep playing for that either.
  9. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Lost like 2mill sub, but trippled income, majority from digital sales. Moneyz > X amount of subs.
  10. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Over the next year they probably won't lose subs as fast with the new Epic Mount/Diablo III/Panda Beta - one year subscription. But for the others I expect a lot of ppl leaving. Idc tbh, as long as other games don't overflow with these players.
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I dunno how real or fake this image is, but it got leaked last year and so far, it has been pretty accurate.

[IMG]
  12. Offline

Tal The Architect

So Diablo 3 is going to be out before Christmas then? ;)
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I genuinely think it was supposed to be but it got delayed.

I mean, I though most people were of the opinion last year that Diablo III would be out this year.

Pretty sure this image was leaked around the end of 2009 beginning of 2010, so I am sure even if it was real, there will more than likely be inaccuracies due to delays and pushed back deadlines.

I do think it is probably fake though, primarily because the Blizzard CEO said that they plan to do yearly expansions for WoW and there is a two year gap between WoWX4(Pandaria) and WoWx5(currently unknown).

Might be legit, but I doubt it.
  14. Online

Feidan Community Member

WoW x5 = pandas is space
  15. Offline

adagio Moderator

To be honest your not thinking blizzard bat shit lore crushing crazy enough.

Start thinking parrellel universe where your character died young and never defeated bosses. Old gods run amok and its left to you to kill them. Again!!.

This fufills all blizzard criteria. It's more content and they get to use old models again.
  16. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Even your not thinking bat shit enough @adagio

Then next WoW expansion will simply be this.....

Your character awakes from a dream in the original Vanilla version of World of Warcraft. What he/she experienced in the dream was a vision of the future. Now you know what lies ahead, now is your time to prepare!!!! (oh, and yea, you're level 1, everything in WoW till this point was meaningless as it was all a dream, servers are wiped, GG start again, have fun in MC, cya in BC expansion a year later).

Now THAT, is something I can imagine Blizzard are crazy enough to try and pull off.
  17. Offline

adagio Moderator

No that's Titan. Just with better gfx. Say minecraft lvl.
  18. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I was totally thinking about this in some way, like "you can boost your chars to max level any time but what if I'd like to redo content, cant I like nerf my level to 1 or so?". I think you're on to something here, bring da batcrazy ideas yall.
  19. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Can you imagine mix CoD and WoW ...Level to 80, Congrats you are now Prestige level 1, Level reset, rinse repeat.
  20. Offline

adagio Moderator

Easy. You go 1-80 then have to choose a hero class that puts you back to 1.

Also the panda expansion will probably be linked to burning crusade so it can be redone. Probably some shit about outland needing to be cleansed. Or sucked back through the maelstrom so its right smack bang in the middle of azeroth.