Black Garden Tips

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Omnipresent, Mar 16, 2011.

1. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

Hey BOONs,

We are all pretty much 50 now but, some of us have only turned 50 and are experimenting with war fronts. So I'd like to give back what I've learned so far, feel free to comment.

Im sure there are many other successful WF premades, this is very much a beginners guide.

What to bring?
    Bringing 5 BOON's isnt a requirement but if you want to win more than you lose, I strongly suggest it. At the very least I suggest bringing BOON clerics or CC classes. A cleric that cant heal, might as well be afk.

What we run at the moment is:
    Cleric Warden
    Cleric Warden
    Mage Stormcaller+Warlock
    Rogue CC
    Rogue CC / Warrior Champion

Warden Clerics.

Why is Warden so good?
    I dont want this thread turned into Warden vs Sentinal vs Purifier btw guys, we can make a thread for that, and ill spam it all day :D

Two Warden Clerics grouped is a sick combo because the more wardens grouped the heals multiply astronomically, as warden HoTs stack. Meaning at anyone time someone being focused can have 12 HoTs on them at one time. Approx 1800 per tick non crit. And thats only 3 skills each.

Warden and Crowd Control :
    Warden continues to heal, while CC'ed. Making it very hard to take down Fang carrier, and also making is hard to remove the healer from the fight with CC. As we heal while CC'ed.

While two Wardens doubles HoTs and also provides two dispels.

Your Job :
    Keep your mage and fellow cleric alive at all costs.

There are more tactics on Warden Id like to add but perhaps Ill make a warden thread, this is just to give an idea as to why I suggest Warden clerics.

Rogue CC.

As most of us know, Crowd Control is very important in Black Garden. So yeah, the more the better.

Who Do I CC?
    This isnt my area of expertise, but from what ive seen. And correct me if im wrong, things to note while CCing are:

Avoid CCing ppl with no mana.
    Avoid CCing someone on less then 20% hp.
    Avoid CCing Rangers (as they have lol dps)

Primary Targets:
    Other CC rogues,
    Clerics,
    CCing enemy with the Fang is excellent tactic, (Rogue Cage)
    Warriors on our Fang holder.
    Keep enemies off the Mage and Clerics.

Warrior Champion.

Not alot to say here, he kills their clerics and squishies and comes back in range for heals when needed. Ideally stays at front pushing and harassing them.

Keep enemies off the Mage and Clerics.

Mage Aoe

Alot like the warrior, the mages role is to kill hard and fast, AoE when bunched up, or nuke their clerics and squishies.

Nice CC tactic is to teleport to enemy before they reach middle and AoE CC, as Mage AoE dps them down. Cleric pops shield, takes Fang moves back to edge of 6point area of our side.Watch them drop, cleric moves forward to edge of 6point area of their side and heals from there. And push.
  2. Offline

Talisker Veteran BOON

2 clerics 4 warriors
  3. Offline

Yeah that works too, if you can get the 6th man into BG every time ;)
  4. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

5. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

2 clerics, 8 Stormcallers
  6. Offline

Lilith Community Member

yea and all you need is 1 warrior to aoe fear and interupt their casting.

10 warriors = epic win :D
  7. Offline

Downissael Community Member

maybe 1 bard for support :p
  8. Offline

We have played vs 7 Warrior 3 Bard... seems all the roll is rogue and warrior over there :3
  9. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I actually played a BG match a couple of days ago that was 10 rogues, its kinda ridiculous.