Black Desert Releases March 3rd

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Acina, Feb 2, 2016.

1. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Pre-orders and second closed beta

You have until February 26th, 08:00 UTC to place your pre-order, if you want to benefit from the early access and special item packages.

In addition, today marks the start of the second Closed Beta sign-up. Players can register here for a chance to participate in the second and final Closed Beta Test, set to begin February 18th. Those who pre-ordered the Explorer's or Conqueror's package need not register and will be automatically granted access.

https://www.blackdesertonline.com/news/view/49
  2. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

I'm enjoying BnS so it's pass for me!
  3. Offline

Melody Community Member

So who is gonna play BDO? Looking forward to build a little ganksquad to have fun.
  4. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

Is this another korean mmo?
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Hows does this one work...

Subbed? Freemium? P2W?
  6. Offline

Rinel Veteran BOON

feel free to add me during cbt2 Teadrinker/Rinel

ofc it is :) kinda like lineage2. No max lvl, hard lvling after 50, no dungeons, only mobs in open world. U have to farm to get lvl and money for gear. Need gear to defend yr farm-spot, Sieges: 2 days per week for nodes, 1 day per week for castles. Game is about gear>class>lvl>individual skill. No fractions, wars between guilds, guild bosses and few world bosses (i'd say even 1 main world boss). Also alot of pve ways to make money from nothing, only need time. Sandbox =) Oh yeah, no teleports, only horses, and no p2p trade

b2p (30-100$), no p2w
    cash shop info

We will have two different shops (see below). The Cash Shop and the Mileage Shop.
    • Cash Shop offers items that are all purchasable with Pearls.
    • Mileage Shop items can be purchased with miles.
    • You will receive 100 miles per day for logging onto any of your characters.
      • You will not earn mileage by purchasing pearls.
    Note:
    • Cash Shop items will not be possible to sell on the marketplace at launch phase
    • If we decide to enable selling Cash Shop Items at a later stage, there will be control mechanisms that will prevent players from heavily profiting and gaining an advantage by repetitively selling Cash Items on the marketplace
    • 100 Mileage will be distributed via daily login
    • Miles are family bound; items are character bound
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Rinel - Are the real money items cosmetic only?
  8. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Nice info!
  9. Offline

Koja Veteran BOON

All Mileage Items:
    - Character Bound
    - No trade
    - No sell on MP
    - repetitively purchasable

Note:
    • Cash Shop items will not be possible to sell on the marketplace at launch phase
    • If we decide to enable selling Cash Shop Items at a later stage, there will be control mechanisms that will prevent players from heavily profiting and gaining an advantage by repetitively selling Cash Items on the marketplace

i got feeling it will be pay 2 win, not at release but at some stage it will
  10. Offline

Rinel Veteran BOON

Not only. Inventory space (u want it if u gonna rush on release), weigth, pets (really important for farming, they gather yr loot), underwear and accessories (u want it too to make yr life abit easier), there should be also a ticket to remake work clothes into costume (u need it for highlvl crafting).

im sure they will allow to sell cash shop items on AH. Mb in 2-3months, But should be same system that korea has (limited quantity of money per time). I actually dont mind. Would prefer to spend silver, not real money for new costumes. Also dont forget the main problem on RU p2w: there u can buy those gems and get alot of miles, then u can buy alot of summon-boss-scrolls and be happy. Here they wrote "You will not earn mileage by purchasing pearls" and no boss-scrolls there =)
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Kinda disappointing you can buy non-cosmetics with real money.

Real money should only ever be for cosmetics, else the game will slowly slip into p2w.

I am assuming that the non-cosmetic items you listed are fairly minor items, but the fact is the game is starting out with the opinion that selling non cosmetic items for real money is acceptable. My fear would be that a few months down the line when their player base falls off (like all MMOs do) they add more significant non-cosmetic items to the real money shop to balance their income.

I must point out that I am someone who has spent a lot of real money cosmetic items in games over the years. I am not in any way against spending real money within RPGs/MMOs to get fancy items, but they should be cosmetic only or else you start to give people advantages based on their wallet size.
  12. Offline

Rinel Veteran BOON

well now all games become f2p (=p2w) after 6-12 months. about items that can affect the game in future: ru-bdo got some blahblahtome which gives u +exp and +smth else for X hours and new type of weight (+200). nothing else if i remember right. But remember that 2 main stuff which made ru-bdo p2w are miles from cashshop and nolimited possibility to sell cashshop items on AH.
    if u worry so much about it may be u should wait for release and ask for guest pass for 7 days. U can check the game and decide if u really wanna play it or not
  13. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Maybe i'll buy this...

and get to lvl 8
  14. Offline

Vissarion Veteran BOON

I will definitily play it, the company (daum) tries to stay close to community as possible, they are not greedy, they even removed everything p2w from the store and the ability to sell items to TP.
    This game is gorgeous, has tons of stuff, and endgame is only focused arround pvp (at least until the 1st expansion).

for me it brings back old L2 memories with all the pvp/pk open world wars/sieges system
  15. Offline

Rinel Veteran BOON

decided with server/guild?
  16. Offline

Melody Community Member

I did managed to get Lv 7 in the CBT2, then i got the hell bored and closed the game.
  17. Offline

Alaraum Veteran BOON

You get level 7 after 5 minutes of play :giggle: or were you one of unlucky ones who got stuck in the goblin-respawning wars?
    There was a simple solution to this, these same goblins had more camps 1 minute away from that location. (it was not marked on the map, so obviously nobody knew about it :p)

oh and also you might have gotten bored because of the class. I first I started with Witch but that was soo very booooring, was about to uninstall the game, but a freind made me reroll, I picked a Valkyrie and that in comparison, was just so much fun to play.
  18. Offline

Rinel Veteran BOON

throwing shield all the time is fun..well, mate you are from different universe xD
  19. Offline

Vissarion Veteran BOON

i think it's going to be megaserver, or else no i have not decided yet :)
  20. Offline

Rinel Veteran BOON

Update
    NA Servers
    • Edan
    • Orwen
    EU Servers
    • Jordine
    • Alustin

Edited 9 hours ago by CM_Jouska