Bioware new game...wait what?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Feidan, Nov 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Attached Files:

2. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Well last Red Alert was so bad, i dont think they can do any worse. I'll stay optimistic and see what they bring us.
  3. Offline

Feidan Community Member

EA just can't leave C&C to die peacefully.
  4. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Dragon Age II is the only Bioware game I couldn't finish, or even start... for that matter. They should have given it a different name, like Call of Dragon (see what I did there?)

Despite the obvious trollpost, there is a link to an article on that screenshot that says ''Volition: We'd kill to make Freespace 3". I would kill to have them make Freespace 3!
  5. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

C&c is what my pc gaming started with :)
  6. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

The last first person c&c was terrible ("renegade" where you were a GDI commando). Okay, the campaign was actually not that bad tbh, but the online play was really poor. If they plan on doing another, it could be pretty decent as the last one had the right ideas, just poorly executed. How the managed to take a character as badass as the GDI commando and a setting as good as the vanilla c&c setting then produce a poor game is beyond me.

The RTS side of c&c died after Red Alert: Retaliation. RA:2, the generals series and all of the tiberium wars games (apart from the original c&c) have all been quite terrible.

If you want to play c&c at its best, play c&c 1 as NOD. It has 4 alternate endings depending on what country you want to nuke. Was a great game for its time.

Sent from my HTC Desire using Forum Runner
  8. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

DA2 is second worst game i ever played (right after RIFT ofc). I was very disappointed after finishing the game after 13h when it took me 60h to finish DA1 which was one of the best games i ever played lol.
  9. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Lol at how Rift still keeps coming up like that! xD
  10. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Thb DA2 is so fail game that it has to be compared to RIFT :D
  11. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

have you played older RPG*s like Baldurs Gate/ IWD / PST? compared to DA 2 , DA 1 was epic but compared to older rpg's i found the story very drab.
  12. Offline

Feidan Community Member

At the third hour of DA2 I was thinking: "Why am I still playing this?" then installed right away. Didn't expect much judging by how long the first DA was developed compared to the second one.
  13. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

They had set quite a nice standard for DA1, the atmosphere was right, the characters were solid and the story had some nice building blocks set to be exploited. The whole of DA 1 was imo build to include a much stronger story based sequel.

Yet they destroyed that whole virtue with DA2, if they hadn't and build further it could have rivaled the more classic RPG's. The combat and tactics in DA 1 were practically the same as BG, unfortunately with unbalanced Talent tree's instead of Advanced D&D rules and character development.
  14. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Their crown jewels are stuff like IWD1 and 2, BG 1 and 2, NWN. I don't get why it's so difficult to make a game as thorough as that these days, it's like producers think because they can throw us shiny graphics and special effects they can cut out on story/content. I actually had a play through of BG2 and ToB this summer cause I felt nostalgic :D
  15. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Because they are too "complicated" and "nerdy" for the current generation of "gamers". Also shiny graphics don't exist these days if the game is made for consoles in mind.
  16. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Ye I played BG2/NWN2 and Arcanum (i know thats not much but i didnt play RPGs when i was 5 :D) and still i think DA1 is awesome.
  17. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

I think it's partly due to the fact that you dont need to spend as much time on a game to make as much money on it. unfinished? broken? release tons of patches and sell shit in DLC's.

as for why they dont make good stories anymore? no idea really, but it feels its all about making a qukci buck these days, with some exceptions (like skyrim)
  18. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

I feel sorry for new-gen gamers. They'll never experience / appreciate / understand the joys we had.
  19. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

This!
  20. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

And the thing is, it's not a cycle. You didn't see 90's/early 00's players saying zx spectrum / commodore 64 / amiga were crap. Sure, gaming as an experience is meant to change over time but the way I see it we're facing a progressive decline as we're less and less immersed into games and instead presented with other gimmicks that are meant (note: meant) to capture our attention.