Beautiful Grim Auctions GW2 Art for a Good Cause

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aspira, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

[IMG]

By David Campbell June 3rd, 2010

ArenaNet is proud to support Beautiful Grim, an art auction started by Daarken, an artist at Mythic Entertainment, and Leif Jeffers, an animator at DreamWorks, to raise funds to help out Daarken’s girlfriend Cat, who is currently recovering from breast cancer treatment. I sat down with our own Kekai Kotaki to talk with him about ArenaNet’s involvement in the project.

Q: How’d you get involved with the Beautiful Grim project, Kekai?

Kekai: I’m a great admirer of Daarken’s worth, and I’ve known him professionally for years, so when he asked if I’d be willing to help out with auction, of course I said yes. His girlfriend Cat went through months of chemotherapy and a mastectomy, and the whole process left her with some serious medical bills. To help out, I offered to donate some art to the auction.

Q: I gather it quickly went beyond just donating a piece of art, though?

Kekai: Well, we’ve got all these awesome artists around here, and ArenaNet has always been really good about supporting worthy causes. I talked to my fellow artists and Daniel Dociu, our Creative Director – he talked to Mike O’Brien, and he decided ArenaNet should donate some original Guild Wars 2 concept art to the auction.

[IMG]

Q: That’s great. So who else at ArenaNet is pitching in?

Kekai: OK, so in addition to the original GW2 concept art, the Beautiful Grim auction will also feature personal work from Aaron Coberly, Daniel Dociu, Horia Dociu, Jamie Jang, Katy Hargrove, Kristen Perry, Levi Hopkins, Richard Anderson, Doug Williams, Dan Cole, and me. I think that’s everybody from ArenaNet.

Q: If I wanted to support Beautiful Grim and bid on some art, what do I need to know?

Kekai: Just head over to the Beautiful Grim site for the details. Make sure to check out the Beautiful Grim blog, too.

Thanks, Kekai! Best wishes to Cat and the Beautiful Grim project from everyone here at ArenaNet.