BattlePing Supports RIFT

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Bluff, Feb 17, 2011.

1. Offline

Bluff Community Member

2. Offline

Mizou Community Member

first time i hear about this battleping ^^

i got 40-80 ping, is it doing anything realy ?
  3. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Battleping is usually for australian gamers to get better pings to US servers, not so much for us euros.
  4. Offline

Ary Community Member

Not sure if this is for Rift or for all, cuz Im from Spain and I tried Battleping for Aion-EU and it did work, roughly -70 reduced, from 170 to 100, to sometimes 60 ms. Gotta say it didn't work in WoW, with or without was always 70-120ms. So might work good for some games depending the location but for some other wont do shit. [IMG]
  5. Offline

Matt Laws Community Member

Ah this is a paid for version of the free leetrix.

Leetrix works... halves the ping no problem. Just stop the packet packaging at your OS end and sends them one by one.
  6. Offline

Mizou Community Member

u know what i wonder, to some bf1942 and bf2 servers i sometimes get a ping of 19 while some always have 40-50 while i ended up with some other stuff used in aion as well. 50 was kinda always the lowest i got there tough with peaks to 80 and same is now in rift. its basically 40-80 now well a shooter would piss me off more then a mmorpg but if there is stuff that would even half mine i might have to check it out, but im not gonna pay for it thats for sure.
  7. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Just had a read and it's nothing like leatrix. Leatrix just changes the way your pc sends it's packets, battleping changes the location. By the looks of it, battleping hosts some high quality servers and you basically connect to that instead of direct to the game server. This means your ping drops as the battleping servers are closer and got high quality lines. They get a better ping to supply due to using ridiculously fast lines.

In theory it would work better for people further from the trion servers and people whose ISP are packet shaping trions data, like BT and Virgin Media.
  8. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

http://lowerping.com
    Too bad atm this moment this site doesn't support Rift maybe they will put it in the support list. But for me in Aion this program was amazing i had pings between 20ms and 44 ms. Was great. ( in Aion sieges i had between 44 - 60 ms ping )
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Has anyone tried battleping who uses Virgin Media as an ISP ?
  10. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I'll test the free version tonight on wow as that usually gives me a ping of 200+ on a Thursday.
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Cool, I wont be home till a bit late tonight so probably wont be able to test it myself so let me know how it goes.
  12. Offline

Bluff Community Member

i live in egypt my normal ping in aion was ~ 300 ms
    i used leatrix latency fix my ping is reduced to ~ 150-170 ms + unplayable sieges
    i bought battleping my ping in aion is reduced to ~110-125 ms + i was able to play sieges with no latency lags or disconnects

i will test Battleping with RIFT, if i got improvements i shall keep paying for it.
  13. Offline

Tal The Architect

Battleping just changes the route your connection goes through to reach the servers (they will have chosen the best service providers to peer), so high pings will be the result from something like:

Your Computer -> A -> B -> C -> D -> E -> RIFT Server

Battleping will probably have a better route so, something like this:

Your Computer -> A -> Battleping -> E -> RIFT Server

If you find the game unplayable, then sure it might work for you. If everyone in game is suffering from lag issues then I doubt it will make any difference at all.

--

As for traffic shaping, yeah, potentially it could work as they give you an encrypted tunnel to their server. But ultimately if you are being traffic shaped because of bandwidth usage you will still be shaped and the game will still be unplayable.

--

Leatrix Latency Fix does lower your ping with the side effect of increasing computer load and congestion on your line. Most games send packets with TCP_NODELAY anyway which bypass the algorithm Leatrix's fix turns off so it's pretty pointless.

ICMP requests (pings) are generally at the bottom of the food chain on the internet. They are a good vague estimate of latency to the server but if the game has implemented TCP_NODELAY, your ping will be lower but game commands will remain unchanged if you install Leatrix :p
  14. Offline

Tal The Architect

Should also add that Battleping could actually increase latency to game servers if your ISP has pretty good peers anyway ;)
  15. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Yup, not worth using if you are on plusnet for example as they are already damn good. VM shape based on type of packet rather than usage so would probably be a good improvement, same with BT if they don't fix the problem soon (BT are usually quite quick to add games to the Whitelist when asked and trion have said they are in talks atm)

Another good one is uni students as most unis block ports 6000-6something which trion uses. I think battleping would help here but I may be wrong.
  16. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

BT actually own plusnet, but weirdly plusnet provide much better support.

Gotta say though the plusnet offices in sheffield rock, they have the best break room i've ever seen
  17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Hmm, battleping might work or virgin gaydia.
  18. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

You're a fan of VM as well then? Bloody useless company.
  19. Offline

Matt Laws Community Member

Anyone know Rifts European server ip?
  20. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Only use them because British Failicom can only supply me with 2Mb, where as Virgin can do upto 50Mb... albeit a shitty one.