Battlefield 4

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Firoz, Mar 24, 2013.

1. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

2. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Hmm... I really hope Dice does not lower themselves to CoD levels and start pumping these games out for fast $$
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Exactly this. I didnt think BF3 had been out long enough to warrant a full new game tbh.
  4. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

they already have a bunch of content dlc, and you can pay for premium which allows you to get it before non premium users.... Because nothing brings a community together like splitting them into groups of have DLC and have nots.

Now they are rushing out a new game.... Fuck EA.
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

This is what happened with the group of us in BOON who used to play BF3. Group split because people who bought dlc only wanted to play that and the ones who didnt have it couldnt.

That said, still loved playing it. Having Saul complain that he should be the tank driver because he used to drive them for a living, the proceed to get stuck in a ditch... priceless.
  6. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

7. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

!7 min gameplay movie from Battlefield 4. Mission : Fishing Baku

Damn EA they took some stuff from Call of Duty ( switching between scope and iron sights with the scope mounted ) and wth is Bonnie Tyler doing in this game ?
  8. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Of course it has, as I said the other night that CoD balls gets a new release every year (add to the the DLC packs they throw at you as well) and you all call EA evil! I would hazard a guess that BF4 was slated for release prior to BF3 even shipping, DICE are pushing themselves and their game engine - this means they need to release new products rather than just hemorrhaging money on development.

BF3 will have been out 2 years by the release of BF4, those diehards that play the shit out of the game will have rinsed the shit out of it by release. The only folk that may complain are those that:
    1. Hate EA - and hate on everything they do
    2. Have only just purchased BF3 (tough shit)
    3. Haven't purchased any or all of the DLC yet
    I can think of others but I have more important things to do.
  9. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

10. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

Pre orders are up - if you are a bf3 premium user, you will have access to bf4 beta as well.
  11. Offline

Juggernaught Community Member

First off BF3 is a great game, but I bought the limited edition and they fucked me over hard with the DLCs, If they would have been upfront about releasing premium, I would have bought that instead of limited edition.

But instead they cashed in on Limited edition and then fucked thoose ppl over by releasing DLCs which the people who payed alot of money already for the game diidnt get. So im passing on BF4 only to show a point.
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I'm passing on anything EA until they change their attitude towards us gamers. As a long time simcity fan who bought simcity, I am so sad at how it has changed from a great citybuilder into an advertising platform.

I loved BF3 and enjoyed playing it with you guys, but I will not be playing BF4.
  13. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

4 months have passed.
    Who is planning to play this game?
    I've bought the battlefield 3 veteran pack for €17.50, which means I have beta acces in october.

Battlefield 4

The new features look great to be honest.

Frostbite 3
  14. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

I gave in and bought this, but i have to upgrade my pc before release :(
  15. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

This game is in my budget too. But 1st waiting for the beta to try it out.

Do u know any specs?
  16. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Not precisely but since i was already struggling with medium on BF3, I'm planning an upgrade for this wave of new games "next gen"

Since I noticed noone linked
  17. Offline

Law Community Member

Looks cool!

But..............................

From being a only BF Player (Never played a CoD game) since BF1942 and owning every single BF game I wont be buying this one since they really fucked me off in BF3.

I spent hours unlocking mods, guns and levels to watch people just buy there way to the same unlocks and then they released Prem version and you had to buy the game all over again.

That did it for me tbh....
    I am sick of EA and what they do to good games to make a few extra fail bucks.
    I really want TitanFall aswell but again its bloody EA.

Which is a shame cause this looks badass but because of EA, a hell no from me!
  18. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

19. Offline

TOMMCAT Veteran BOON

F U R I E They Released the PC specs for BF 4

Bf4SPECS.png
  20. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Ya i saw those the other day, i think i will stick with my i7 920 and maybe upgrade my 5850 with a 7790 or 7850. Anyway i guess i will decide after trying out the beta.