Awesome Necromancer Build

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Koja, Mar 29, 2013.

1. Offline

Koja Veteran BOON

I’ve been getting a lot of messages in game recently asking me for my build, so I decided I would just post it here for anyone who wants a different yet more rewarding (imo) play style for necromancers.
    Traits: 30(V,X,XII) / 15(IV) / 10(II) / 0 / 15(VI)
    Runes: 6/6 Thief (high precision is very valuable to this build, +condi dmg helps any necro build, and the +10% dmg is amazing in pvp)//(5/6 Eagle – 1/6 Divinity can be subs – will give you 10% more crit dmg)
    Sigils: Rage/Bloodlust on daggers, Force on staff
    Amulet: Knights (Berserker Jewel)
    Utilities: Consume Conditions (a must in any build imo), Epidemic (Spectral Walk/Blood Is Power can be subs), Signet Of Undeath, Well Of Suffering, Lich Elite
    Build Guide: http://tinyurl.com/byj5vnd
    Many people ask me why go melee on a necro with so many options for range. The damage on necro daggers is insane especially when you add quickness to that (rage sigil) you can drop someone in no time at all. With the massive amounts of condi clear in this game I have always had more success with straight up damage which a power necro has a ton of.
    Another issue many people have is why would I take dagger as an offhand for a power build. In my opinion dagger offhand is a must of almost any necro build in pvp. The blind with a condition transfer that also bounces can help so much. Not to mention dagger 5 gives this build more aoe and weakness. Weakness is a highly underrated condition that can change fights against rangers/engis that have high endurance regens.
    To be successful with this build you must use DS as often as you can. Being power with high crit (70% with fury) makes DS really shine. You must use dark path (DS #2) as much as you can for a gap closer/chill, this combined with staff and dagger #4 condi transfers getting kited should not be an issue for you.
    Most people I have seen using dagger necro in pvp usually run around just spamming dagger #1. While that is the main source of our damage you must make sure you use all the skills at the proper times. When you engage someone try this for heavy burst:
    Blood Is Power -> DS(pop in and out for fury) ->Dark Pact(dagger#3) -> Well Of Suffering – >Life Siphon. If the target isn’t dead at this point just nuke down with dagger #1.
    This build is very strong in 1v1’s but it is also amazing in team play with the right players aiding you. If you run with a staff guardian who might stacks and gives you stability (25 might stacks with blood is power) and an ele who can give you shocking aura when you’re getting focused and peel targets off of you some pretty amazing things can be done.
    My favorite part about this build has to be the borderline OPness of Time Warp + Lich. This can literally drop a team in a matter of seconds with other players attacking them. 4k+ crits on a target every half second or so.
    The point I’m really trying to make here is to give it a try if you’re interested and think outside of the box when playing a necro. I feel that the standard now for necro is a straight up condi build, which is not only boring to play imo, but also a little mindless. This will add some fun to necro (I believe power was the way necro was meant to be played, all our skills mesh much better with high power,crit).
    Anyway if you need any tips on playing this build successfully in tpvp (paids) feel free to message me in game, I will be more than happy to help.

P.s from officel fourm but this build can be used in WvW better then condi dmg
  2. Offline

Ilyria Veteran BOON

I'll give it a shot in spvp ;) seems great :D thanks for sharing mate :)
  3. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

You could say in the title it is a sPvP Power build :p
    And link the video while you're at it ;)
  4. Offline

Koja Veteran BOON

i see it kinda usefull in WvW not just SPvP even in PvE ;) :p
  5. Offline

Sorcery Previels Community Member

I guess this is not recommanded for using in WvW is it?
    I've been using the vampiric build from the start but I'm not doing a sufficiant amount of damage imo.
    I've yet got to try with different power and prec runes for my armor. Is it usual that this build I'm using isn't doing a lot of damage (aoe is fine but just the outgoing damage per enemie is a bit low imo)?

Build looks great for pvp tho, thanks :)
  6. Offline

Koja Veteran BOON

am thinking to change all my gear due to how useless condi dmg this days
  7. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

The thing is, D/D is too much one-target dmg to be efective in group fights (1v1 is a different story) so investing on power for 1-target dmg is against what we are trying to do. Dont get me wrong, i find this build very interesting and i wanna try it out BUT on WvW you are wasting aoe capability on a power build if you dont use wells, and Lich Form is a no-no as usual.

PS. Conditions are not useless - you just need to play with them properly - but i understand what you mean if debuffs isnt your playstyle.
  8. Offline

Castspellar Community Member

http://booncontrol.com/threads/the-wrecking-ball-builds-and-gears-for-wvw.4833/

You have here some builds that where made to the playstile we are trying to implement, feel free to check.

I couldnt agree more with what Xelendar said, if you are a power\Precision necro and you not using wells you just wasting good aoe damage\suport\CC.
    Well of corruption-awsome to turn foes stability into fear (helpfull for the team), Well of darkness-if traited right you can do freeze for one second everytime you blind someone (mass CC, once again helpfull for the team), then is up to you to choose the well, normaly i go for well of sufering for the huge damage and lots of vulnerability and this wells do damage on siege weapons and gates.
    If we had ate least 3 or 4 necro's running the build im using now our enemy would have a hard time to survive the fights.
    I was (and still am)a huge fan of condition necro but after trying the build on the post above im more then happy with my necro damage and survivability. Just check it out,
  9. Offline

Sorcery Previels Community Member

Thanks Castspellar for clearing things up for me.
    Guess I'm gona use for power/prec runes from now on.
    Any runes in particular that you would recommand for power/prec, I'd like to do more dmg. Yeah I'm a bit lazy ;)
  10. Offline

Castspellar Community Member

Im using Toughn\vitality runes, some say that 27k Vitality is to much for necro but i still love my runes ;).
    For power precision im using knight acessories and weapons with sigil of prception for the 25 precision stack, i can reach 50% crit chance plus the fury we get from death shroud (trait) u get loads of crit chance.
  11. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

On the contrary, Vitality is something of value for the Necro - just check the video i linked.
    Just to be clear here, im not trashing this build Koja - Jack posted (really seems very fun) and im sure there's some twich here and there on the skills used for the WvW run. Because in the end, this is a sPvP centered build that can be used on WvW like any other build.