ATTN - Major Legendaries Spoilers

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Karasu, Sep 13, 2012.

1. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Hey BOONS,

Some of you might know already, but me and Firoz finally managed to complete the recipe for a Legendary after days of searching for the final two items.

This thread contains major spoilers. Not a single player outside of Karasu and Firoz knows about these parts of the recipe and we would greatly appreciate it if you do not post this anywhere or tell this to anyone outside of BOON Control. You might earn some gold in the process.

But first things first. The final recipe is created with the famous Legendary Base Weapon and three other gifts. A Gift of Fortune, a Gift of Sunrise (for our weapon) and a Gift of Luck. Fortune and Luck don't depend on the weapon you're making.

The Gift of Fortune consists of the following known recipe. Not a single person has been able to create it yet though:
    • a Gift of Exploration (100% World Completion)
    • 250 Obsidian Shards (525000 Karma, buy at the Temple of Balthazar)
    • a Gift of Battle (500 Badges of Honor)
    • a Bloodstone Shard (200 Skill Points)
    This gift is a lot of work and one of the major timesinks. World completion can be done in under 100 hours, badges and skill points are easy if you saved them a bit and roll with the BOON raids. The best way to get karma appears to be joining one of our Karma trains and speed-cap objectives in WWW.

The Gift of Luck is our secret recipe. As far as scouting the internet and other major guilds goes we're the only people that appear to know this part for certain. Hopefully we can keep it this way for at least another day. You need the following:
    • 77 Mystic Clovers
    • a Gift of Magic
    • a Gift of Might
    • 250 Globs of Ectoplasm
    10 Mystic Clovers are a random result of the following recipe:
    • 10 Obsidian Shards (21000 Karma)
    • 10 Globs of Ectoplasm
    • 10 Mystic Coins
    • 10 Crystals (6 Skill points - Trader next to the Mystic Forge)
    These item can result in either 10 Mystic Clovers or 20-40 Tier 6 crafting materials. This randomness is a major factor and will increase the required karma from ~500k to almost ~1500k. Luckily you can use the crafting mats for the next part.

The Gift of Magic:
    • 250 Vials of Powerful Blood
    • 250 Crystalline Dust
    • 250 Elaborate Totems
    • 250 Powerful Venom Sacs
    The Gift of Might:
    • 250 Ancient Bones
    • 250 Vicious Claws
    • 250 Vicious Fangs
    • 250 Armored Scales
    Becoming one of the major cost factors in the recipe. Our suggestion is to make your 80 clovers first and see what items you have to gather next.

The total gold cost for one weapon is already over 500 gold now and might go up a lot after the Gift of Luck is revealed on the internet in the next few days.

If you are still interested in rushing toward a Legendary after reading all of this you might want to start working on clovers and stocking up on Tier 6 items. Possibly these will also go up in price after the last two gifts have been revealed so there's a chance to grab some gold in the progress!

Remember DO NOT POST OR TALK ABOUT THIS ANYWHERE ELSE.

Also: Try to keep it peaceful in this thread. If you have any question about this or need some tips ask here or contact Karasura or Firoz. Thanks!

EDIT - Bonus full recipe:
    [IMG]
  2. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Thanks for sharing this.
  3. Offline

Jame Community Member

Been thinking by the way. Isn't it expected that the ecto prices will raise up like crazy shorty after more ppl hit 80 and start thinking about legendaries and or crafting exotics?

Shouldn't we be hoarding them like crazy? They seem relatively cheap in TP.
  4. Offline

Ebayed Community Member

Good stuff
  5. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

This is really nice work guys. But how are you sure that is this mats? I been following other threads on diff forums, but they dont agree with any of the gifts ur are showing here.
  6. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Pretty much yeah.. I can't really predict how much will change but you can try hoarding these. That is one of the many reasons we're releasing this info right now.
  7. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

8. Offline

Jame Community Member

You... you can combine all your bags to one big bag in the UI... wow. Now I feel kinda dumb.

And I'm also very happy I got /map disabled... haven't seen a single gold spammer. :p
  9. Offline

Karasu Community Member

From left to right:
    Dawn, Bloodstone Shard, Mystic Clover, Rune of Strength, Icy Lodestone
    Ecto, Gift of Battle, Obsidian Shard, Mystic Coin, Gift of Metal
    Gift of Magic, Gift of Might, Gift of Exploration
  10. Offline

HardKoar Community Member

Thanks for sharing ;).
  11. Offline

Haze Community Member

Cool info, thanks for sharing. One thing I've been wondering about is how to determine or change the stats on the legendaries. Transmutation stones? Depends on the base weapon?
  12. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Should depend on base weapon, but you can transmute the skin
  13. Offline

Tacita Community Member

Thanks for sharing.

i got one more question about the weapon-specific gifts:

Miyani in lions arch sells designs for 2 gifts each weapon.
    For "Sunrise" for example its "gift of metal" and "gift of light"
    How to get "gift of sunrise" for example?

edit:
    the full design how to craft sunrise is allready offical
    http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/62812-crafting-twilight-speculation-and-how-to/
  14. Offline

Tumbleweed Community Member

so erm..gift of exploration, you get for 100 map completion so that's only once per character? which in turn means you can only make one legendary per character? what if I wanna have legendary <all weapon types I can wield>? (I don't really care about legendaries at all personally, just saying..wtf?!)
  15. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

You receive 2.
    You'll need to explore with an other toon then.
  16. Offline

Vissarion Veteran BOON

They are supposed to be number 1 so thats why all the difficulty i guess.
  17. Offline

Tumbleweed Community Member

yaaaay, make a new toon and just run around the whole world (and wvw) naked for gift of roflcopter, then delete after, sounds like a lot of fun. I'm assuming you checked to make sure they are accountbound and not soulbound and that's actually possible..
  18. Offline

Karasu Community Member

Every intermediate item is Account Bound.
  19. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Please respect this
  20. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON