[Assassin] Initial Builds

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Dragonay, Dec 6, 2011.

1. Offline

Dragonay Community Member

Here's my first go:
    Initial SA Build

It's full Darkness Tree, mainly because of the top skills in there.
    Harnessed Darkness for it's damage but also ofcourse for Healing.
    I think it works well together with Chain Shock as that has a 30% of activating a second Shock(not sure yet if it stacks for HD though, but will have to test that)

I did 2 in Deception on Dark Embrace for the Force regeneration in Stealth. If you sneak into a crowd and go AOE on their asses as least your Force will regen a bit faster, making sure you can continue.

I did the 7 Points on Madness just to get to the Chain Shock. The reasson I didn't level Crackling Charge is because from what I read it will go from Lightning Charge and I'm assuming ill stick with Dark Charge more then with Lightning.

I'm thinking this will be a pretty ok build for both Tanking and AOE/DPS. But not having played the Class at all yet, that's just guessing...

Any thoughts/comments/tips?
  2. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

Looks to me like darkness is the tanking tree and deception is is the DPS tree. If you DPS in darkness you'll perform sub-par compared to deception, and doubly so if you try to tank in anything but darkness.

An ability like wither probably isn't worth speccing unless you're tanking. Generally dps shouldn't ever use anything that says "generates high threat", as you'll end up tanking without being setup for tanking, draining mana/force/heals and usually dying anyway.

Shorter version: it's a good tank spec, but limited for DPS unless you're specifically trying to tank.
  3. Offline

Dragonay Community Member

Yeah I know what you mean, I am trying to focus on Tanking first as I am new at that and want survivability. However I was and still am strongly thinking if taking a few points from Darkness as lvl the Madness tree for Death Field. But think I'll stick with this build as the start is basically the same for both builds
  4. Offline

Jorus Community Member

I'd say to focus in one tree for the 31 point talent asap, as its a nice ability that helps your role immensely, but thats my opinion