ArcheAge

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, Apr 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

blog_daum04.jpg

[ArcheAge CBT3 Application and Test Information]
    • Recruitment Period: Thurs April 28, 2011 ~ Wed May 18 24:00
    • Players: 5,000
    • Winners Announced: Fri, May 20, 2011 PM
    here's some links to some info about the game ; the official one is very basic atm. ( http://www.archeage.com/en/contents/gameIntros )

http://archeagesource.com/topic/26-all-that-we-know-about-archeage/

http://archeagesource.com/topic/190-archeage-wars/

http://archeagesource.com/topic/96-archeage-review/

http://www.dawn-guild.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&layout=blog&id=39&Itemid=68

2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Link to signup ?
  3. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Seems to say they are still accepting applicants on the site....?
  5. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

fair enough, get a KSSN and go for it. i think there was some sort of "raffle" involved in getting a spot aswell.
  6. Offline

Shantotto Guest

It says you need an aki verification type account, which i'm guessing you can't get that easily ( probably requires KSSN+phone verification ).

And yes seems like beta apps opened today and shut in a week or so, and only 5000 spots available.
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Phone verification is the only hard part, if it requires a Korean phone number.
  8. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

9. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Some more info out, I thought this was going to be 2 faction fail, but apparently guilds can create their own factions, or they can leave the starter factions and become no faction ( pirate ) at which point they can burn other factions cities and so forth.
  10. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

That seems to be the essence of it yeah , up to the point you "take the leap" into territoral warfare , it plays out much in the same way as Aion I think, but after it's a whole new game on a new continent where everything is player built and controlled.
  11. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Sounds kinda cool in theory, much like Darkfall, but less mud-looking graphics I guess.
  12. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

Yeah, they are using CryEngine 3 :p . It's something of a "hybrid" between a themepark and a sandbox, so will be interesting to see how it turns out.
  13. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Not strictly true (yet), the game is built using CryEngine 2 - all current footage is CE2 - they are in the process of upgrading to CryEngine 3, but have said that it'll probably release as a hybrid of the 2 engines!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  14. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

A few video's from G*Star 2010:

15. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

16. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

As long as it isn't the bigger "continent where everyone is" = no pvp allowed, and the open sandbox continent is like mini tiny and after a while when the BOON pirates are pillaging the shit out of everyone on a daily basis, noone goes there.
  17. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

here's a map of the world : the northern one is the territiorial one, so as you can see it's not small. the other two you can PvP your heart out afaik, just that the whole guild /player factions bit is all up north. also, since there's ship and pirate combat you can just sail around wherever you want :p

[IMG]

closeup of the part that was open in beta 1-2 ; a thing to note, ppl that have played are saying that the world is "bigger than WoW and all its expansion areas".

[IMG]
  18. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

So what's the difference between a guild that declares war on another guild or everyone and a so-called player-created "faction"?
  19. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

afaik, they havent starting testing all that yet, or if they did, I don't know the answer to it :p a guess would be the faction would be more along the lines of an big alliance of guilds in terms of management, with shared towns and stuff. not that that has to be the objective, you can make one for whatever you want I think, if you just want to raid shit that's up to you.
  20. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

This looks fucking amazing

Whilst the combat doesn't look mind-blowing and the animations are still questionable (how they managed to make a horse look gay is beyond me, way to go Korea!) it still seems early-ish in development, so hopefully these things can improve.

The interaction with world objects is brilliant however, an MMO that does destructible scenery well has been a long time coming.
    Sieges with destructible walls (hopefully areas where you can tunnel or sneak into keeps too), ship to ship combat, mounted combat. All of these things are simple stunning.

I also think they're striking the balance between sandbox-MMO and accesibility very well, for example player built ships and housing are detailed and engaging, but they don't require massive effort to produce (I would like to see them take a little more effort that currently displayed however which basically appears to be "hit craft and wait").

The detail is brilliant too, I thought the ship building thing was great, but when the group off players all boarded the ship and started manning cannons and different positions I went crazy.

I've been waiting a very long time for the "perfect" MMO, this could very well be it.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.