ArcheAge/NCSoft Partnership Hinted At For European Distribution

Discussion in 'ArcheAge 아키에이지' started by Merketh, May 11, 2012.

Welcome to the BOON Control Community!
You're currently viewing our site as a guest user. or
Having an account grants you additional privileges, such as creating and participating in discussions - as well as removing advertisements!

1. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

XLGames‘ sandbox MMO ArcheAge is getting a lot of attention from western gamers, eager waiting to find out if the game will be coming to their shores any time soon.
    A poster on the MMORPG.com forums did an interesting little bit of sleuthing that seems to link XLGames with NCSoft‘s European office. A partnership between the two would make sense; XLGames co-founder Jake Song used to work for NCSoft, where he played a major role in the development of Lineage.
    But what elevates this news above mere rumor is who tipped off GAMEBREAKER about it — namely, a representative from XLGames. When a company directly points you toward a rumor about its product… well, do the math.
    Our source also confirmed that XLGames is looking for a North American publishing partner for ArcheAge, so we might still have a little while to wait on that front.
    But seeing — and practically confirming — the news about the game’s likely publisher in Europe should at least grant hope to English-speaking fans that the game will be making its way to our shores sooner, rather than later

http://www.gamebreaker.tv/mmorpg/archeage-coming-to-europe/
    • Like Like x 2
  2. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

If NCSoft pick this game up I will wet my pants.Only doubt is if its true then why would they need someone to do NA? as NCsoft can do both NA and EU?
  3. Online

Acina Admin Officer

I wouldn't hold much stock in this :p
  4. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

i need this game :(

in English
  5. Online

Fozia Veteran BOON

let EA take it! oh wait...
  6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Unlikely but if it happened I would be very happy.
    I don't care who takes on AA as long as it remains the same game just translated and don't start milking the community (rules out Activision and EA immediately)
  7. Offline

adagio Moderator

I demand valve publish this game on steam for 30$ and ftp afterwards.
  8. Offline

Saul Community Member

Seriously??
  9. Offline

adagio Moderator

So kc brought the euro license but couldn't be arsed with Americans?
  10. Offline

Saul Community Member

Good work, they fuck us over constantly, about time we got an awesome game published here before the yanks get hold of it.
  11. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

lol, the most shocking thing is, this had been discussed! (not with them though before ppl get any ideas!)
  12. Offline

adagio Moderator

I know. You should have done it then made a guild only server. Where the best guilds in Europe were personally invited by us for one big showdown in the AA world.
  13. Offline

Relinquished Veteran BOON

thank god.
    cause i realy want to play this game.
  14. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Its only game, why you haff to be mad?
  15. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

its bullshit, even the article has been removed.