ArcheAge (KR) - Closed Beta 4 interview

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, Nov 13, 2011.

1. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

2. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Hoping they don't change their philosophies based on possible player opinions. The thing that interested me most during the beta we played was the unique and well-thought races, not overly ''sexy''.
  3. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

THIS I WANT THIS!
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I'm telling you dude, ArcheAge is the future of MMO gaming if your a hardcore player.
  5. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

That and it's last hope :)
  6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

BC will end up owning a continent, not a city.
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Sadly I think you are correct. With most devs going down the "accessible" (read: casual friendly) route (don't blame them, business is business), ArcheAge is the only MMO I see on the horizon that actually looks like it will require skill and effort to achieve great things, rather than a bulky wallet and limited brain cells.

Not seen too much information about LE yet, but I hope it also caters to the gamer rather than the casual. Only time will tell.
  8. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Aspira crying wolf all to early again. Pay no heed to this misguided man!
  9. Offline

Saul Community Member

I can't wait for Archeage, it is the one MMO that is doing everything the right way..
  10. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

cu 2015
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Plenty of other MMOs I am interested in that will be coming out in within the next year or two which I will be playing, its just I am actually looking forward to ArcheAge more than any of them because from what has been released so far, it is catering for hardcore players (and catering by more than just bolting on a PvP map or whatever, the game is built around players dictating the game and players having a huge impact on the gameplay of other players, proper L2 hardcore style).

Maybe in a couple months time once you guys are done wanking over RIFT2.0 we might start getting reasonable forum discussion back again. Till then I guess we are still going on the rule that anything that even remotely puts a bad light on your game is wrong and shall be met with 1337 forumz sp33ks.
  12. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

How "Asian" is this game? And by that I mean ridiculous stuff like high heels and pedo schoolgirls.

I can't stand it!

Ops accidentally sent the post I actually had a point to make.. So I edit!

I am a bit anti fluff when it comes to these kind of games. Massive weapons and insane animations plus the fact that everyone looks like ken and barbie dolls kinda puts me off. How "rough" is archage? And can I make people delete their character by camping them?
  13. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Not very at all.

You should check the website for it or even check our own website, lots of pics on both. Me, Acina and Fallanx are in the Korean beta also so I can tell you that compared to say Aion or Lineage, the characters in this game are very subtle and not over the top Asian at all. The landscapes and cities however are still very graphically amazing, as you would expect from an Asian game.
  14. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

not very Asian at the moment, but somewhat more Asian than Guildwars and less than Aion. The Architecture seems a bit french or sometimes a little generic or misplaced. Still a fresh breath from all the regular Asian MMO's, it definitely appealed to me when I played it. And I by far prefer western style.
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Depends on what zone your in. Some are medieval type zones and look like more polished versions of the Human lands in Warhammer Online. Some are desert liek zones and look like they could be towns in middle Eastern countries. You ofc get the elf zones that are all trees and tree houses etc.
  16. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

hows the storyline from quests and stuff?
  17. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Are there quest givers that talk, any voicer over or is it more like the classic "Hello, stay a while and listen" and then a quest text, that goes into log, get to location, complete quest, return for exps, be done, move on, rince repeat kind of classic game as far as leveling/questing goes? <-- Serious question.
  18. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Dunno, I didn't do much of the quest at all. I just went out into the sandbox area and PvPed. (and by PvP I mean usually died to higher level people, but still was fun)

Will probably quest more this beta. Even though it is in Korean, if the game is well made the quests should be followable and you should sort of know what is going on. The quests in TERA made sense and you knew what was going on even though it was in Korean. Whereas with Blade & Soul it was the opposite, nothing made sense and you felt like you were aimlessly wandering around.
  19. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

can you like make your own house and stuff like in vanguard?
  20. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON