ArcheAge Korean CBT 4 Kicks Off!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Acina, Dec 11, 2011.

• by Acina, Dec 11, 2011 at 10:50 PM

Acina Admin Officer

[IMG]

So we're four days in to the 4th closed beta of Korean sand-park MMO ArcheAge, this is quite possibly the longest period CBT that we have played in recent years, especially as closed/open betas are now predominantly seen as a marketing tool rather than a true bug/mechanic test. We here at BOON Control have been lucky enough to be invited to this CBT by the lovely folks over at XLGames for the second time.

We here to help inform you of our experience in-game, get Western audiences excited about ArcheAge (as if we really need to try) and feedback our experience to XLGames - they are very interested gathering feedback from the differing markets (this is a very good sign, compared to other similar games at market).

ArcheAge CBT4 Teaser Trailer

So it was announced a few weeks back that the closed beta period this time round would be 80 days long, while at first glance that is a huge figure to give to what in the past were 5/6 day beta events, the servers are only up for a limited (7 hours) period per day and they are down for maintenance on Tuesdays.

ArcheAge Korean Closed Beta 4 Uptimes:

Monday: 07:00 - 14:00 GMT (08:00 - 15:00 CET)
    Tuesday: Maintenance
    Wednesday: 07:00 - 14:00 GMT (08:00 - 15:00 CET)
    Thursday: 07:00 - 14:00 GMT (08:00 - 15:00 CET)
    Friday: 07:00 - 14:00 GMT (08:00 - 15:00 CET)
    Saturday: 07:00 - 14:00 GMT (08:00 - 15:00 CET)
    Sunday: 07:00 - 14:00 GMT (08:00 - 15:00 CET)

We will be updating the website with all the juicy news and beautiful landscapes from our travels through ArcheAge. Due to the length of this beta we'll be posting updates a little less frequently than last time (allowing us to sleep between test sessions this time round), although you can catch a full weeks worth of livestreaming, photostreams and of course YouTube footage, plus we'll be posting our findings and creating translated guides in our ArcheAge forum.

BOON Control livestreams:
    Also keep an eye on our YouTube channel: BOONControlTV which we'll be updating as often as we can with in game footage. We'll also be updating our Facebook and Twitter accounts with which streams are up and when over the full length of the beta.

BOON Control Facebook Page
    BOON Control Twitter

We're super excited to be able to showcase ArcheAge to you our viewers, feel free to ask questions, request video footage etc in the comments, but for now we'll leave you with this beautiful landscape screenshot:

[IMG]
  • Categories: Uncategorized

Comments

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Acina, Dec 11, 2011.

1. Omnipresent
    Loving this game so far, I suggest following the stream. I'll be writing a review on this once I've experienced more of the game... first impressions; it's amazing.
  2. Maskerad
    It's _the_ game, isn't it?
  3. Acina
    Pretty much M, it's the game that most of us have waited for. For me it makes me feel the same way I felt when I picked up MMO's all those years ago!
    • Like Like x 1
  4. Alaisy
    The only MMO that truly screams BOON PvP.:)
  5. Tvar
    fixed and QFT
  6. Saul
    It's the first MMO since SWG, where I feel i'm embarking on a wonderful journey, as opposed to queuing up for a fair ground ride.

I will also write up a review at some point, need to experience more yet.
  7. Acina
    Yeh, this is pretty much how well felt after playing in CBT3.
  8. Fizzee
    NEED PUBLISHER!!!! the game feels as west v east as Aion, which is fine (found Tera too far east)
    My only concern which is no fault of the devs, is immersion. Due to the Language barrier, I was spamming F to get through quests, picking gear at random and learning abilities by using them. This breaks immersion which on a game of this scale is essential IMHO. Its as saul said, an adventure not a ride, and an adventure needs a connection to the character.

Again this is a language point which is moot as the game will obv not have that issue for korean speakers and no doubt will be translated.

The game is pretty damn slick.
    My video (with awesome tunes, and horrible quality (forgot to up the settings after streaming bf3))
    Is up for a few days at twitch.tv/fizzeeboon
  9. Alarisia
    I wants to play.
  10. Gizmodio
    i want a indepth review/walkthrough about all the stuff you can do on the sand box island ^^
  11. Aspira
    Once we get to a high enough level we will do our best to show you as much as we can.
  12. Acina
    They're all sandbox islands, I planted a forest earlier and plan to deforest the shit out of it in the morning (well in 5 hours, must sleep)!
  13. hoenheim8
    Loving the streams. Keep up the good work.