ArcheAge fan translates interview, analyzes new video to reveal siege details

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Merketh, Dec 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

2. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

:evil:
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I read it to Saul on TS and he got all exited.

I am loving that there is nowhere to refine materials on the 3rd continent, forcing players to transport refined goods by boat.

The fact they said "yet" makes me think that maybe players can create crafting stations in their towns/cities, although I hope it is very hard/expensive to do so to enforce some level of sea trade.
  4. Offline

Angelo Community Member

haha, that is amazing, imagine waiting in the trees for a group of people with all these materials theyve gathered for ages, and just killing them all and taking it.

Robin hood would approve.
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Especially if you just broke it down and vendored it all and didn't even use it, lol.
  6. Offline

adagio Moderator

Yeah I can see it now. Kc carrying the pack while guarded by boons. Suddenly kc stops in the middle of the wilderness. He's fallen asleep, and boon have to protect him for 2 hours while he power naps.
  7. Offline

Saul Community Member

@Katiechops Please think really hard about being Pirates in Archeage, Please, Please, Please...

Me and Aspira were discussing Archeage and Darkfall on TS the other night. KDS should so of left their Zerg Egos at the door and focused on being a pirate type hit and run guild, where you take player cities and either burn them to the ground and disappear into the night, or ransom them back to the original owners, but ofc certain people wanted to get their name up in political lights regardless. Anywho... Archeage will be awesome for playing as a Pirate Guild, we find a little island somewhere and setup a little enclave and strike out from their just pillaging, and pwning the server.. It would be awesome....
  8. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Make that 6-8 hours... >_> While the mad scotsman gets his so-called "beauty-sleep".
  9. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

The sleeper has awakened.
  10. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

The korean piraty thingy will ruin my immersion :( unless.. SAILOR MOON! :dance:
  11. Offline

adagio Moderator

Why would it? I find it silly that in most mmos which are meant to be about freedom of choice. You have to choose one of two sides. Why not have a game with player made factions with their own made up storyline?
  12. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

[IMG]
  13. Offline

adagio Moderator

Eve is more what mmos should be aiming for. Just without the mindless boredom that comes with it.
  14. Offline

Saul Community Member

EvE's killa is the skills system, there is no way to catch up to someone with months/years more time served, regardless of the skills of the individual.
  15. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

It is true and and false.

You will never be able to catch up with someone now if your a new player, but if you focus on only progressing down one path and learning one ship type, you would become competitive. However, you will never be able to have the versatility of someone who has been grinding stats for years.

Darkfall had a similar problem. An army of alpha characters who didn't get wiped for release just made the game pointless as there was no way to beat them.
  16. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

My impression of Eve was that sure, you can't expect to catch up with someone who has 4 years worth of SP. But a fully fitted spec ops and you can still have fun.

That said, there is nothing stopping you from griefing and pvping, you would be surprised how many people play Eve and don't how the game works.