Arche Blade

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Aspira, Mar 30, 2013.

1. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

[IMG]

So yea, I saw this on steam today, saw it was free to play, saw it was still basically an alpha game, but was like, hey, its a small download, I'm bored, lets try it out.

This game is really fun. Its buggy, its incomplete, but its more fun than most complete released games I have played lately.

Game is basically various maps that are all essentially capture and hold battlegrounds. The combat is all action based so you need to aim your attacks, not tab target, and all the abilities combo into each other.

Class designs are crazy too, and there seems to be DPS/Tank/Healer types. Played a few games today as a mace+shield wielding dps/healer type. Was really fun.

There is a cash shop in the game, but currently its all cosmetic stuff, but this is one of those games that could go either way the closer it gets to being a complete product. Just have to hope the devs don't go down the "pay to win" route that so many other free to play games do.

Anyways, its a tiny download, so if anyone is interested, message me on steam.

Links:

2. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

is it dota like?
  3. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

Gonna give it a try.
  4. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

It plays like capture and hold MMO battlegrounds such as Arathi Basin from WoW.

There are capture points on the map, and you gain points for each one you hold and first person to a set score wins.

At the moment there isn't too much depth to the game, there are no items or anything to customise your character (there are skins though, but its all cosmetic only). I would like to see some kind of item shop similar to DOTA type games as this would add a bit more depth as currently its just pick your character and fight, which is fun as the combat is really fun, but I don't see it remaining fun for too long unless they add some sort of customisation down the line.

The game is still very early in its production, so I guess there is always hope they add more cool stuff.

They have an announcer that shouts when you get kills/streaks like in unreal tournament, I got a "Legendary Hero" last night, I was quite happy. Plus there is a big black guy who looks like a shaved head Mr. T who fights with his bare hands and can do Hadukens. The game is really silly its fun.
  5. Offline

Ywvi Community Member

I had huge ping and disconnection issues . The EU servers were locked for some reason and I couldnt create my own . I t has potential.
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Seems to be very few UK/EU servers.

Majority of the servers I could connect to were Russian, Korean and USA.
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Hmm, since I started playing this, I have been invited to join 5 different Russian groups on Steam.

Think I know which region this game is popular in.
  8. Offline

Littletoe Veteran BOON

Just watched the trailer and tried hard not to laugh when the small girl with the big hammer went ''FEEL MY WRATH'' or some shit in a proper fucking monotonic voice
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

My fave character, OP cuz heals.
  10. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

ye aspira and little girls why am i not suprised !
  11. Offline

Littletoe Veteran BOON

No need to make excuses, we all know why its your favorite
  12. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

13. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

Just dont start cuddling with her like that guy does with twilight :alien: