Application to BOON GW2 - Ariames

Discussion in 'Guild Wars 2' started by Ariames, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Offline

Ariames Community Member

Goodday sir,

I'm Ariames, a thief who's currently fighting and representing AFTL. AFTL is a great guild, but the playstyle of AFTL is not realy my style. I've seen several youtube videos of BOON fighting other guilds/servers. The way you guys play is a guild I'm looking for atm.

The way AFTL plays: Screenager likes to keep the members close and sometimes send someone to stay on a siege for 15/30 minutes. I love the part to keep members close in raids cus of all the buffs each member provides for the rest of us.

However the other 3 commanders Merlinae, Teri Celesta and Carcasstro are completely different compared to Screenager. I completely dislike the playstyle and some people like it. Like I said it doesnt suit me but with other they do. They are great commanders without a doubt I'm just looking for a guild like BOON.

I wanted to put up an application at this website before I saw an advertisement in WvW by ToFyzer (AFTL officer).

Thing is, I expected AFTL to let me join easily and BOON to deny me due the amount of members in BOON/experience.

The stuff I wrote above is the way I think about you 2 guilds, so both positive opinions.

Currenly I'm very bored, some members and my favorite commander(screenager) of AFTL is not representing atm and some people even left AFTL. Lately our raids have been pointless. I'm very dissapointed in AFTL because I'm expecting the members/officers/leaders to cheer up and just fight for PS, even though RG, sIN and BOON went to SFR.

I'd like to provide some information about myself to you and I hope I'm worthy to join your guild. A transfer is not a problem ofcourse.

General info about me:
    Name: Steve Pennings

Gaming info:
    MMOs played: Aion, GW1, Runescape, Dungeons and Dragons (shorttime), Silkroad(shorttime)
    Other kind of games: COD2, COD MW1 & MW2, Gunz and alot more I cant remember.
    Minimum amount of hours a day: of 3 hours from 21:00 - 00:00 CET
    Maximum amount of hours a day: but doesnt happen much 16 hours.
    Mostly around 6-7 hours a day.

Currently a very experienced thief (named: Arianez). I made 3x lvl 80 thiefs so far but deleted 2 cus I want those other 2 character spaces to be another profession.

If ur saying u totally dont want a thief in ur guild I could play any profession. I've played anything but Engineer in sPvP so tell me what you want and I will try to have a full geared + level 80 in maybe 2 weeks.

If u do I prefer d/d elementalist but that's up to you.

I got mic and ofc headphones, but I dont use mic very often. But I noticed in youtube vids your members dont really talk in TS during raids. So I guess that's not really a problem.

I truly hope my application is worthy considering, because I'd love to join your guild.

I hope to hear from you soon. Today I'll be online all day untill 3:00. So whisper me on Arianez whenever you want.

Greetings,
    Ariames
  2. Offline

Ariames Community Member

I forgot to mention I'm not able to put this tread in the "Recruitment" section somehow. Thats why its in this section. I'm sorry for the trouble.
  3. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

[IMG]
  4. Offline

Mawzor Community Member

There is an application template you should use LINK
  5. Offline

Tumbleweed Community Member

Why would anyone level up 3 thieves to 80? :s Like how monotonous is that?
  6. Offline

Ariames Community Member

I'm sorry, I didnt use this template before. but here we go.
    Character Facts
    Question: Planned Character Name?
    Answer: Arianez
    Question: Planned Character Class?
    Answer: Thief, if not allowed I prefer d/d ele.
    Player Facts
    Question: How old are you?
    Answer: 20
    Question: Where do you live?
    Answer: Netherlands
    Question: Which days can you play on and during what times on each day?
    Answer:
    Monday: 17:00-00:00 or an hour later
    Tuesday: 17:00-00:00 or an hour later
    Wednesday: 17:00-00:00 or an hour later
    Thursday: 17:00-00:00 or an hour later
    Friday: 17:00-03:00/05:00
    Saturday: 12:00-03:00/05:00 / depends on party ^^
    Sunday: 12:00-00:00 or an hour later

Question: How many days per week would you like to raid?
    Answer: 7
    Question: Are there special moments when you can't play(e.G. playing Soccer/Hockey/Basketball in a club at fixed times)?
    Answer: Only during school/internship
    Question: What online games have you played so far, what role did you play in your previous guilds-clans(normal member-officer)and what kind of gamer are you(active-hardcore)?
    Be sure that if you are a casual gamer that logs on once or twice a week you are NOT proper material for BoonControl.
    Answer: As you can see at my schedual I'm quite active ^^ and I love to play thief and d/d ele. I just didnt want to level a d/d ele yet, I only played it some at sPvP and I love it just like thief d/d + sb
    Question: Are you able and willing to use Team Speak and a microphone?
    Answer: Yes I do.
    Question: Is your connection/system sufficient enough to raid with?
    Answer: Yes it is.
    Question: What are your past mmo raiding and pvp experiences?
    Answer: With NNF and AFTL. But it's obviously different compared to the raids your BOON does.
    Question: Tell us something about yourself (this one is important);
    Answer: Mhm, in what kind of perspective? ^^ Besides gaming I study architecture, my passion for architecture is quite high. I've done soccer for 10 years and tennis for 6 years. I'm going to the gym for 5 years and I'm still going there.
    And in the game, I try to be a nice guy and get accepted by people. :p
    Theres alot to tell you about this, but what do u really want me to write down?

Additional information
    Question: Why do you want to join BOON Control?
    Answer: I just love the way you guys play WvW. It's definetly my kind of playstyle/teamwork.
    Question: How did you hear about us?
    Answer: Piken square raids with AFTL
    Question: What can we expect from you, what do you expect from us?
    Answer: Another great asset to the guild, providing teambuffs/teamwork etc. etc.
    I'm expecting awesome raids with lovely members :) thats it.
    Question: General comments (Pretty much whatever you might want to add to your application).
    Answer:I'm Ariames, a thief who's currently fighting and representing AFTL. AFTL is a great guild, but the playstyle of AFTL is not realy my style. I've seen several youtube videos of BOON fighting other guilds/servers. The way you guys play is a guild I'm looking for atm.

The way AFTL plays: Screenager likes to keep the members close and sometimes send someone to stay on a siege for 15/30 minutes. I love the part to keep members close in raids cus of all the buffs each member provides for the rest of us.
    However the other 3 commanders Merlinae, Teri Celesta and Carcasstro are completely different compared to Screenager. I completely dislike the playstyle and some people like it. Like I said it doesnt suit me but with other they do. They are great commanders without a doubt I'm just looking for a guild like BOON.
    I wanted to put up an application at this website before I saw an advertisement in WvW by ToFyzer (AFTL officer).
    Thing is, I expected AFTL to let me join easily and BOON to deny me due the amount of members in BOON/experience.
    The stuff I wrote above is the way I think about you 2 guilds, so both positive opinions.

Currenly I'm very bored, some members and my favorite commander(screenager) of AFTL is not representing atm and some people even left AFTL. Lately our raids have been pointless. I'm very dissapointed in AFTL because I'm expecting the members/officers/leaders to cheer up and just fight for PS, even though RG, sIN and BOON went to SFR.
    Post something (video/picture/joke/anything!) you think will make us laugh (keep it clean!):
    Answer: http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/1491341/afe538bb/cartman_bij_de_psycholoog.html
    Dutch comments but video is english :)
  7. Offline

Ariames Community Member

I love thiefs <3

:)
  8. Offline

Ariames Community Member

hahahaha the moment I wrote male I was like. Damn, people are going to be dissapointed to see another male :)
  9. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

made new thread in recruitment section, locked