Aperture Labs Handheld Portal Device

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Tal, May 11, 2012.

1. Offline

Tal The Architect

So Valve released a limited edition handheld portal device... 5,000 made.

I happened to be at work when I got an e-mail saying they were up for purchase (they sold out in 30 mins) and managed to get through checkout.

So this arrived today...

[IMG]

Yep that box looks a little big... hopefully it's a smaller one with loads of bubble wrap...

[IMG]

Umm... nope...

[IMG]

Now I just need to figure out how to get it home... and buy some C (WTF?) batteries to get the lights and sounds working...
  2. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

3. Offline

adagio Moderator

Sometimes i hate you........
  4. Offline

Pauleh Veteran BOON

lol looks pretty sweet, need pics or even better vid when you got the batteries :D
  5. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I have no idea wtf that is but I am sure your girlfriend will be very satisfied once you install the batteries.
  6. Offline

adagio Moderator

Kc, missing the worlds best games since 1990s. So he could play l2 and other shit.
  7. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I still have no fucken clue what it is?

Edit. google ftw, its a toy,, refer back to my first post on the thread.
  8. Offline

adagio Moderator

Have you played any game that's not a mmo or rpg?

BTW its not a toy. Don't be suprised if you wake up in the morning bathed in a blue light followed by the realisation that David is in your bed too :eek:
  9. Offline

Relinquished Veteran BOON

"David in your bed"

It would still qualify as a "toy"
  10. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

So i dont fucking care how, but you will take it to Poland with you kk.
  11. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

That is, pretty damn awesome. Now you'll only have to dress up as Chell and go add some springs to your shoes.
  12. Offline

Omnipresent Potato Farmer

i lol'ed irl
  13. Offline

Karasu Community Member

:O

My jaw dropped.. That thing is amazing.

And I already told KC he should try Portal (2). Best game I've ever played, very slick theme and gameplay.
  14. Offline

adagio Moderator

I would pay money for kc to do a let's play of portal 2 on YouTube with full voice comms. That shit would be epic!!!
  15. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I am gonna do that.. look out Yogscast here comes KCast... recorded in scottish.
  16. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

I am old I have played them all the death they are all just remakes of old games just presented differently, I have just realised I hate computer games,, all of them,, what I like are people, I was playing Tera was was why don't I want to play it? Everything seems right? but somehow I just can't be arsed to play it and I figured it out.

MMOs I loved,

Lineage 2, end game massive seiging, open world raid bosses loads of nice pvp.
    WoW, end game raiding, fun ganking ppl trying to pve in open world and introducing me to battlegrounds
    Archlord, Seiging
    Aion, Seiging

All ment getting a decent group together and doing stuff as a guild.

MMOs that just failed or on the brink

Rift, No reason to do guild stuff bar a small very shit pve dungeon
    SW, Nothing for a guild to do, you could pug everything
    Tera, Suck cock for votes to be voted a PvE Lord

So yeah the only thing that floats my boats these days are games where a Guild can go do thing significant so more interested in organising and building a team to do somethings than the actual game itself these days.

Basically wht GW2 and Archage appeals to me, your guild and team can go do stuff that takes effeort teamwork, co-ordination in game the actual game mechanics and drive of perfect pvp and balance is almost secondary to my pleasure and the fact that mmo pvp will never be balanced ever and the world needs to get over it.
  17. Offline

adagio Moderator

Seriously though, this weekend portal 2 is 6 quid on steam which probably makes it an amazing deal. I know you hate steam as it uses witchery and magic to put games on your computer and not cassette tapes but buy it.

Plus I don't want your son playing and you doing voice over.
  18. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

fuck i got rumbled....
  19. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

I don't know if I want to kiss your ass or murder you, Tal.
  20. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

If you will buy Portal for my Steam account i can lend it to Chops kk