APB Open Beta

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Saul, May 4, 2011.

1. Offline

Saul Community Member

In their latest blog update, GamersFirst went ahead and announced what we've all been expecting.
    The date Open Beta begins.

More specifically the announcement was : "We have set our formal Open Beta date: May 18, 2011."

In the meanwhile, they will invite another 40.000 people to the Closed Beta , in order to make sure the servers can handle all the people that will rush to try the game out when Open Beta starts.

So get ready for some seriously fun, cheaters-free gaming sessions because the game devs are not just fixing bugs and adding new content. They are also busting out the cheaters that use aimbots.

Anyone else fancy a look to see what they did to fix it?
  2. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

only good thing about that game is that there was an awesome character generator, other than that its pretty bad.
  3. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Refresh my memory about APB please.
  4. Offline

Saul Community Member

Amazing Player content, but they forgot about the game.. £100 Mil invested, sold for £1 to GamersFirst, who have apparently fixed it..

It's Cops Vs Robbers in a GTA Style MMO.

Ohh and it holds the record for the fastest MMO in history to go from Release to Shutdown, 7 weeks I believe.

Am I selling it well?
  5. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Tvar is so deep in Trolldom, I doubt the bad points would matter too much :p
  6. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Played the beta of the first game. They made it too based on upgrades and not skill despite saying they would be skill based. Also was only 100 people per server so more often than not you were unable to be on the same server as the rest of the clan.
    Was seriously fun concept though, they just did it badly so I'm hoping this time they will have done it better. If Any of you played the beta in dec-march last year may remember a spiderman print car. That was me (Tanner wad the character)
  7. Offline

Fokkie Veteran BOON

APB is amazing fun despite its flaws. Been playing it since Closed beta in RTW times, had loads of fun! Havent really improved much under G1st, but still time to go before release so hoping for the best :<

Playing on Obeya where I also played in RTW APB
  8. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

APB beta started a few days ago, just found out myself but thought i'd let you all know incase you fancy trying it out.