APB Beta ftp video

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by adagio, Jun 19, 2011.

1. Offline

adagio Moderator

Watch the fat dwarf launch himself over barriers and try to shoot noobs in the friendly starter area. Playing as a copper as I thought everyone would be thugs but it turns out coppers are everywhere.

2. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

tried to play this beta but the installer refused to update the game and kept saying error. Gave up in the end, but if it's anything like it was before gamers1st got hold of it, it's a great concept of a game but poorly balanced. Before it was a case of the person who got the good guns first would dominate and always win the upgrades till no one else could beat them.

Now it will be the same but whoever has the most real money to put in will have the best guns etc.

And Cops are OP. I played a crim last time and Less than lethal weapons were easier to get a win as it takes the crim out of the fight for much longer than a kill with the same benefits.
  3. Offline

adagio Moderator

Played a bit more last night as the queues on lol are starting to get silly. These are the problems I have with the game.

Feedback, as in there is none whatsoever. Its fine when your being shot as the screen changes colour etc. The trouble begins when your firing at the opposition. Theres just nothing to see that your hitting your opponent. For a FPS these days I expect at least cs kind of feedback on whether your hitting your opponent.

Cheats, for an online FPS I expect some kind of anti cheat system even if its gameguard. You won't believe the amount of times an opponent just pops round a wall at the right time and hits you square in the face from long distance.

Spawns, when you die on a mission you are placed back on a spawn point a short way from the objective. It seems there are only 2 spawn points for each mission so players can be spawn camped. Nearly all spawn point are out in the open so its like a shooting gallery sometimes.

Menus, the menus seem to be a hash job. Want to change clothes? you go in to your locker which you assume is where the clothes are kept. No, theres no option whatsoever to change clothes. Oh, you can see the clothes you have brought but theres no way to equip them.