Any insights on Beastmaster?

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Meleemadness, Mar 9, 2011.

1. Offline

Meleemadness Community Member

I read that incredibly informative post on all the various warrior builds....so many choices. However, I think I saw beastmaster mentioned in passing twice. That does not bode well for me as it appears the soul must....suck?

I hope not, that is what I want to play.....Can anyone tell me their experiences with Beastmaster and which souls gel with it for PvE and PvP?
    Thanks!
  2. Offline

Shantotto Guest

3. Offline

Thanks....I unfortunately can not get to the website as it is blocked.....work computer in Afghanistan. I can eventually get to it around midnight when i go to the Morale Welfare tent and wait inline to get a computer and then have a 30 minute session. However, with all the people using skype, it would take me about 5 to 7 minutes just to get to the sight, no exaggeration...I hate skype!!!

Anyway, good to know that it is a good build for solo play, is it any good in PVP?

I am guessing BM is a DPS soul for the warrior calling?

Also, when I get back i would be playing with my wife who wants to play a Ranger, Bard....and probably marksman. I hope to take advantage of any buffs she has.
  4. Offline

Amaris Community Member

BM is a very nice support class, the party-wide bonds offer nice buffs to your party, being 45-46 extra points (not sure how they round off, should need to check) to strength and dexterity. If you go further into the tree up until 38 you also get the Endurance bond.
    I had the build for a while and liked playing with it, in Beta I was BM/VK on one of my specs, I think I also played with BM/Paragon for a while.

Now I don't have any BM spec, just because I lack the role slots, 4 isn't enough :(

BTW, here's a pic of the spec Shantotto posted:
    [IMG]
  5. Offline

Wonsie Veteran BOON

i have not tried bm yet. simple reason is becouse the pet take to long to summon. and in pvp you die alot. and i think the pet would die also alot. but try it, would really want to hear how it went. seems like a nice support dps build. no more
    people in hide!
  6. Offline

Lyantha Community Member

I dumped beastmaster too because you spend so long summoning the damn pet if it dies :s
    I'd prefer warlord as dps/support, but all their bonuses are probably present in a raid already with archons, bards and all that stuff.

Need more role slots too :(
  7. Offline

Wonsie Veteran BOON

i have not found a spec im happy with yet. still changing around every day almost. trying to find the best for my playstyle.

right now i just want to get home and try my new tanking spec.
  8. Offline

Amaris Community Member

well the pet takes long to summon, but I've never used it in PvP, in PvE, the times I used it (been a while now) I didn't have that much trouble, you have a pet heal, pet/self heal,... and I think the pet heals equally when you take a drink, at least I think it worked that way.
  9. Offline

Hmm, so BM is more support/DPS than pure DPS. I hope the pet summoning is adjusted. If the pet is crucial to your buffs and DPS, it would suck if it is easy to kill or CC.
  10. Offline

Umi Community Member

Just a heads up pets take full pve cc duration in pvp
  11. Offline

ugh...now I understand why I never see them.
  12. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Yeah Beastmaster is fine for levelling and instance/raiding, but really really bad for PVP unless you take some sort of beastmaster/champion/warlord or something crazy like that ( wouldn't even be very good ).