Another PvP video

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Selenus, Aug 23, 2011.

1. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

2. Offline

Mizou Community Member

@Aspira where is the unlike button on our board ? :D
  3. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Best. PvP. Ever.
  4. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

i don't know if its the terrible players using keyboard turn that makes me hate all the demo videos i see from swtor, or if it's the game itself that's just bad and slow paced... :'(
  5. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Reminds me of dualwielding, keyboardturning night elves. Worst kind of players :)
  6. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

The players are bad indeed D: But hey, no idea who was testing. Just happy to have more footage :D
  7. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Well, if anything, it made us playing GW2 look good. :p

Nah, thanks for sharing this, I been kinda wanting to see some SWTOR PvP footage to make my final decision on the game. Now I have seen it, I can make up my mind.
  8. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Despite being Bioware's first MMO, I have faith in them, they've delivered some of the best RPGs made the last 10 years. Baldur's Gate / IWD / Neverwinter Nights / KotoR / Mass Effect franchises. I just hope EA doesn't shit all over it >.>

Either way, looking forward to it! \o/
  9. Offline

Juggernaught Community Member

Its alwasy good to get more footage of a game coming soon.
    Made GW2 PvP look very mobile in comparison.
  10. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Oooh Tvar, long time no see, since Aion! Used to have some fun fights against you :D Will you be playing ToR?
  11. Offline

Mizou Community Member

watch out tvar, he left aneu... still looking for new "friends" :) ?
  12. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

I entirely agree, it's an immense jump considering my main beef with GW used to be horrible mobility / terrain interaction. Still, Sith Inquisitors frying people! \o/
  13. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Haha Mizou don't be mean! :D Yeah I left Aneu to run VoTF by himself, they want me back for ToR but toobadit'smeblacksmith.
  14. Offline

Mizou Community Member

dont do it ! u where always at least fun to talk with and btw nice to meet u again, u even know who am i ? :p
  15. Offline

Feidan Community Member

I remember myself key turning. Also I was 12.
    Bioware are good at making single player games and SWTOR feels like one of their single player RPGs with some people running around that you don't want to be anywhere near since they will steal your mobs. Otherwise i feel like all other aspects were taken from older mmos and not improved much.
  16. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

I can't say I recognize the name no, you'll have to either refresh my memory or tell me who you were (If it's a different nickname!)

But regardless, thanks for taking me in ^.^
  17. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Agree, although in a sense, originality, just like in books or movies or series, to be reached you have to reinvent the concept and the way it's delivered. In a sense there's only so much they can reinvent unless you make a completely different game. Oh give back the liberties available to you in Ultima Online (Is perhaps why I liked Darkfall so much apart from crap management and endless macroing)

I do worry about the feeling of the game being a port from bioware's single player to multiplayer, but who knows, it might be a very pleasant experience. Will need some hands-on experience to decide D: The only MMOs that have kept me for several subs the past few years were DAoC, WoW and Rift (Oh rift is fun now, with tons of open world pvp, then again I only started it 2 months ago, I heard open world pvp used to be nonexistant before), games like AoC, WAR, DDO (etc etc) kept me for like 1 / 2 subs tops before I quit. Looking for that fresh-feeling again.
  18. Offline

Feidan Community Member

Hope that they are not thinking that players will take time to max their level so they can take their time with end game content. This was the doom of many mmos.
  19. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

'Sup. Doubt I will be playing any ToR. Depends upon other games' release dates, like D3. Without intending to flame or badmouth it, ToR is such a PvE game so if I for some reason feel like PvEing like WoW style with lightsabers, then yeah maybe, or not (decisive answer ftw).
  20. Offline

Selenus Veteran BOON

Hmm I suppose the lack of PvP focus a-la Guild Wars or Aion makes it a less PvP-oriented game, still I've been waiting for it for so long that I just have to play it. Plus I might get my PvP fix from battlegrounds. Not like there's anything else to play in the mean time D:

Otherwise, I guess I'll be seeing you in GW2! Elementaliiiiiist :D