An important message about your BioWare account.

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Alaisy, Jun 24, 2011.

1. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

There's a link in there to reset my password, however I wonder if this message is fake or not.

The rest:

2. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

hmm.. seems they've actually been hacked, oh well seems like my personal details are spread out all over the internet by Sony, Bioware and who knows what by now :p.
    http://www.gamertagradio.com/new/2011/06/bioware-hacked/

oh well at least it finally pays off having written down a gazillion different passwords, its just a shame companies always have some door open to get inside.
  3. Offline

Fallanx Tactical Veteran

Recieved the same message
  4. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Changed my password at least, oh well its not like I didn't expect this to happen. I mean when you have old sites, stuffed full of passwords, personal details, keys and you merge forums/sites with other sites you get a bloated website full of vulnerabilities. The Bioware social network site and EA site have been a mess for years.
  5. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Yeah, its legit
  6. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

ah ok I took one look and was hmm scammer because beta just came out, so safe to go reset password then?
  7. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

I thought the same, always play it safe with stuff like this and go the long way around. you'll notice when you go to change your password by going through the EA site the address matches the link in the email