Allocating more memory to Minecraft

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by F U R I E, Oct 16, 2011.

1. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

So I didnt see any guide around here so this is some quick how to do, although Im pretty sure the majority of people already know about this :)

Unzip the archive and place the file in the same folder you have the minecraft.exe, open it with the notepad and change the second path to where your minecraft.exe is on your pc.
    The first path is the default javaw.exe path on Windows7, change that if you have a different location.

If you have a 64bit OS but only the 32bit version of Java installed, I suggest you also get the 64bit version as I had issues trying to make it work with the 32 bit one.

You can change the 2 values to allocate even more memory, although these should be enough to not make you crash anymore. Anyways the first value is how much ram Minecraft can use, the second one is the allocated memory.

If everything is right you should be able to launch minecraft by opening the .bat file, if not then try check the paths again.
    Once in game press F3 to check the new allocated memory (should be around 980 MB from the 480~ MB it was before)

Enjoy.

Attached Files:

2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Hmm, when 1.9 is officially released (if it ever is) you and Gir need to come onto the other server some time Furie.
  3. Offline

adagio Moderator

I also have a few files I might upload for you guys. We have all the old maps + the new map with TNT if interested.
  4. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

Yea would love to, rumor is they'll freeze the features in 2 days and release 1.9 shortly after. We will see.
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Would be nice.