All the hard work...

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Acina, Nov 21, 2010.

1. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

...has finally paid off. The BOON Control community site for Guild Wars and Guild Wars 2 went live in the early hours of Saturday morning and within 20 minutes we had 22 concurrent users/registrations. Considering only 5 people knew that the site was going live and none of them had advertised this fact to anyone else, this was a big boost and a nice way to top off a mad few weeks.

So where do we go from here? Well our aim is to become one of the foremost community hubs for all things Guild Wars. We have four months worth of community competitions planned out, with more to come after that. A Facebook page to polish and release at some point this week and the 'infamous angry scotsman' will be let loose on Twitter - be afraid!!

Come join us to discuss the things you like about Guild Wars, speculate on what the four unannounced Guild Wars 2 classes will be or ask for help with your Hall of Monuments achievements.

-Acina
  2. Offline

Ebel Veteran BOON

''We have four months worth of community competitions planned out''

I wish you much luck beating guildwars GURU, but I think your beter of being the EU fan site since I heard things about US and EU servers are split.
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

[mention=21]Ebel[/mention] - Servers were split in Aion yet Aionsource was a global community.

Ultimately that is our goal, but if we become a European hub, then that's fine, but lets set out sights high.
  4. Offline

Divinitas Community Member

Its a really nice idea and from the work that has gone in to just the look of the site/functionality i can't see any reason why it wouldn't work, not really sure comparing it with AS is right though, AS was a site run specifically as a forum for all servers/classes etc etc with no real ties to anybody.

I'd see this as more of a site like nihilium or curse gaming from WoW which were alternative hubs for people whom wanted to discuss the game away from the WoW forums full of class imbalance/raid boss crying etc, which was exactly what aionsource ended up being, site for whining at opposition. It got called QQsource for a reason after all.