Aion goes FREE 2 PLAY

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Tigros, Dec 14, 2011.

1. Offline

Tigros Veteran BOON

Hello,

In February 2012, Aion® will become free-to-play in Europe. As a player on the European servers, you need to be aware of a few important changes that will occur, and you will also need to do a few things to prepare for this exciting change.

You undoubtedly have lots of questions and want to know more about what is planned in the free-to-play model. Prepare now, and get great rewards!
    We have made a special website that answers your questions: www.aionfreetoplay.com. There, you can review an FAQ that explain what's coming and send in your own questions for our Support Team to answer.

See you at www.aionfreetoplay.com.

© 2009-2011 NCsoft. AION® is a registered trademark of NCsoft Corporation. Published by Gameforge 4D GmbH. All rights reserved. All other registered trademarks or trademarks are property of their respective owners.
  2. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

And so it begings....

A slow death!
  3. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

If they had it free to play a few months ago it would've been much more effective, competition is now going to break it for them (slowly).
  4. Offline

Vissarion Veteran BOON

first Lineage2 now Aion, OH MY GOD ! i wet myself
  5. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

When will drug dealers start using the same sales strategies ...
  6. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

F2p is the future of online gaming.

Companies make more money from DLC and microtransactions that they could ever hope to achieve from subsciptions.

In Aion's case, I think they are indeed using it as a means to attract more new players, but the whole "f2p = dead game" idea that most gamers have really needs to end. Or else there is going to be a lot of dead games being released in the next couple of year.
  7. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

Welcome back Dom :)
    How was studying matey ?
  8. Offline

Relinquished Veteran BOON

I can't stop loling on this news.
  9. Offline

Caladnei Veteran BOON

10. Offline

adagio Moderator

You know what really suprised me about the Swtor launch so far. Blizzard and NCsoft didn't release any info on their mmos. I was half expecting a leaked screenshot of Titan or a Mass of WoW or GW2 information blast. It seems the mmo companies are playing nice.
  11. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

12. Offline

adagio Moderator

That information was like the worst kepted secret.
  13. Offline

Domain Veteran BOON

Ah, ty, the usual, i pretend i'm doing something to the point i elude myself on the subject :p (till 12 /16 january its still gonna be a pain, but then the "workload" is going to be softer ^^).
  14. Offline

Zehel Community Member

Hello everyone. Good news about NCSoft's popular MMO Aion.

Aion will be going FREE 2 Play from February 2012.

Meaning you can give it a try for free or start re-playing with your old character.

Aion has changed a lot since the patch 1.5. I believe, at least, you should give it a try :D

More --->

http://www.aionfreetoplay.com

15. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

16. Offline

Bluff Community Member

17. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Threads merged as we didn't need two.... kinda why the thread looks a bit messy.
  18. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Free to Play often = Fail to Play :(
  19. Offline

Tigros Veteran BOON

Well, at least we can organize some guild events in Aion without having to resub. I know I will check the game from once in a while, just to see what's going on.
  20. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

Coming back to a now F2P MMO after you ended up bored shitless with it is just not going to happen. Not even taking into account new games/MMO's coming out a lot by the time it actually goes F2P.

Personally patching has been too slow and too much PvE content (and not enough PvP content) was added to a what once was a PvP orientated game. Some loyal people might argue its worth playing now but new games coming out anyway. I once wanted to come back to Aion, but then I took an arrow to the knee.