Hsulf Aion 4.0

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Allstar, May 20, 2013.

1. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Hits US servers in June, not sure when Gameforge will be getting it and what kind of bastardized F2P version it will be but it looks interesting.

Been on Aion recently, a surprising amount of people still play.

:help:
  2. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

3. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Gunner looks really cool :)
  4. Offline

F U R I E Veteran BOON

The male bard looks so... gay. Sorry couldnt find any other word to describe it :p
    Anyway im quite impressed by the content still coming from Aion, I will probably check it out to pass time before Wildstar.
  5. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Aion is like the girlfriend you'll always regret breaking up with.
  6. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

Yeah, even by Aion's standards I was impressed :p
  7. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Meh, the level/gear grind keeps me away from a revisit to Aion... :(
  8. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

The only problem for me is that Aion EU is light years behind US ;/
  9. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

time to lvl :p
  10. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Those animation are pretty sick!

That looked so good, the amount of content they keep adding is quite impressive.
  11. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Yet if you were ever to start going out again, you would remember quite quickly why things didn't work out.

I really miss playing aion, but like WoW, the version I knew and loved is long gone. I would rather have the memories of the good times than go back to either of them now.
  12. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

EXXXactly what I was thinking, perfect wording for what I felt.
  13. Offline

Tarsius Community Member

Every now and again I'll log back in, realise everyone is 5 levels above me, and it will require farming 60,000 mobs to get up to level and then another 100,000 to not be hopelessly out-geared.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love play it with my old guild mates, but I have got no energy for getting my char into a state I'd be able to run with them again.

Then again, if everyone is going to be re-rolling gunners and bards, I can just wait until the right moment to hop back in.
  14. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

dat grind <3
  15. Offline

Kephir Veteran BOON

logged in on my sm, checked my questlog, logged off fuck this.
  16. Offline

Angelo Community Member

What upsets me more is seeing what Gameforge has done to the EU version.
  17. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

What you guys on about, I absolutely love grinding in Aion. Looks amazing, hide UI and just grind it out. Miragent leggings grind for example was a treat. :)
  18. Offline

Jinx Community Member

You forget 2 things:
    - People currently playing are... kids - famous with their moronish behaviour and noobish acts.
    - NcSoft are masters in creating epic,moving trailers to show otherwise their poor "new" content.

Above all their "new" content is not new at all. Bard and the rest new classes they are about to release are very well known from Lineage 2... Kamaels?... both Dragons based on the autteunment (oh that gw2 slang :D) and classes, pve and pvp dymics are very much like L2... OR based on something playerbase has alrdy seen in the years (like the pve arenas they released - on every lvl you get harder to kill mobs,playing on round arena etc... I've never played WoW but I believe Ive seen a boss battle over there on the pretty much same arena type dungeon with way more interesting mechanics along the boss death. Btw no PvE orriented players managed to do this dungeon till the end for the first six months, actually the only groups that managed to finish it were the PvPers... iirc Onibawan grabbed the first EU kill by finishing it on their 2nd try,died on the last boss on the first run which was even more of a great success since 90% of the groups died below lvl 7 )

What attracts players to Aion these days are:
    - RP crap on emo chars.
    - Easy mode pve
    - Roflestomping classes boosting their ego by one-shoting players thinking they r actually "skilled" players.
    - Anime-like characters (imo,pedo stuff,I know you'd disagree on this with me ;p)

As few above me said,Aion had had its peak and worth remembering moments but its nothing worth playing again... UNLESS,you really want to waste ur time and rage quit once again due to the never-fixed issues starting from lvl 1 and ending at 60.

Oh,ye, you also got 2 choices - play in NA and experience errr what was it called... latency issues? lag stuff... OR play on the Nazi servers and experience natural lag by their poor development and support in Europe.

PS: If you didnt get to know - the "report" function was removed from Aion... in other words,hacking is "legal" nowadays. And if the d-bags didnt get to hack enough when NC was transfering to GF and completely abondon EU for more than a month and thus ruining what was left of the economy and taking out all the fun due to hacking/botting.

My 2 cents.
    sth to giggle at :D

so close... :S Aion0021.jpg for swearing Aion0042.jpg at full power (First Stormings EU ;p ) Aion0027.jpg
  19. Offline

Castspellar Community Member

Been logging in my Sorcerer and Templar on Telemachus server, make one or 2 quest's and log off, after 6 months im 59 on my sorcerer :confused:

Made a duel with my friend cleric with full Kahrun (PVE) gear and could even kill him due to MR and magic supression stuff, and i have eternal coliseum 55 pvp gear
    condition 2 and eternal brigade general 55 acessories and weapon, so no way im going to grind 1 or 2 years again :p
  20. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

Jinx You sound mad brah, I too have been sad when I felt games let me down. However accurate some of your rant was I'm pretty sure there is still some skill based gameplay involved in the game and its pvp (unless they really did everything wrong the last umpteen patches. And the problem about randoms, I never play with them, guild/friend groups only or gtfo.