Aion 3.0

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Blackspear, Nov 2, 2011.

1. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

2. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

That is actually amazing. Makes me want to play again.

Why was it not like this when we used to play!!!
  3. Offline

Tal The Architect

To be honest, I clicked on that link expecting to have a bit of a rofl. However it does actually look pretty decent!
  4. Offline

Tigros Veteran BOON

Yeah, it does look decent. But need people to actually make it fun to play and I don't know if I can stand grinding again for equipment just to have a decent setup.

I am actually amazed they fixed some annoying issues like auto-targeting an ally that was casting a heal or a buff on you and losing your enemy's target...
  5. Offline

Gekido Community Member

This game also needs to go F2P as L2 did, because it's just not worth the subscription - we've already gave them money for the graphics and gameplay mechanics when we've bought the game, but the development is just too slow, and they put the micro transactions on the top of that - look at RIFT, now in that game you can see that the devs are really working for those money we pay them.

Aion is already f2p in Russia and is thriving there, the west should take a hint already.
  6. Offline

Ave Community Member

nope.
    1st - Innova makes really terrible service. Bad providers, suxx hardware.
    2nd - subscription about 10$\month
  7. Offline

Gekido Community Member

Oh? I've been told that it was free, sorry 'bout that then. And about service - my firends(Lithuania) are playing there and have no problems with lags, dc's etc etc.. So maybe it depends on your ISP?
  8. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Going f2p makes me lose interest instantly. To me a f2p game is a second class lol game
  9. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Guild Wars is an awesome f2p game.
  10. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

So your not going to play any mmo soon as everything will be f2p. I'm not kidding about that.
  11. Offline

adagio Moderator

F2p is the biggest lie in the gaming business.
  12. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Yup! Although it is stupid not to do for most publishers, the 10% of your playerbase that will purchase shite from your in game store (cash shop) creates more revenue than would have been generated had the whole playerbase been paying a £9 sub :p
  13. Offline

adagio Moderator

Or you could do both. $10 for a nice shiny pony, yes please.

They should just come out with a model like $1-2 a month sub and addons that don't effect the gameplay in any ways.
  14. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

But why making subscription games?
    F2P with the addition of a cash shop is nice, tbh.
  15. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

Actually of all the different models out there atm, the only one I really like is that used by GW. Vanity items and small account services in the shop and you by a box of the game (or pay for the download etc).
  16. Offline

Juggernaught Community Member

It isnt F2play.

If you have to buy champs/items,/boosts etc in order to play the complete game, then it isnt F2play.

Id say its more F2test, since you cant access the entire game.
  17. Offline

Firoz Veteran BOON

Are you talking about GW?
  18. Offline

adagio Moderator

A sub based game means the dev has to generate content to keep gamers playing/paying.

A f2p model gives the dev a choice. Do I make content for players to keep them or do I make show ponies for cash that appeal to players vanity. As we all know from ironforge a show pony goes a long way to epeen.
  19. Offline

Angelo Community Member

Yes me too,

Imagine they released Aion as it was in 2.0 and then released this 6months/a year after.
  20. Offline

Blackspear "The Random"

I dont mind f2p at all as long as i have access to all content and items and cash shop doesnt change gameplay. I played Silkroad some time ago and i know how fucked cash shop is when you can buy boosts.