Age of Wushu

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Mash Butan - Kettle, Feb 26, 2013.

1. Offline

Mash Butan - Kettle Community Member

‘lo fellas, I hope all's well. I haven't seen you for a while as I ended up ditching GW2 in fairly short order; largely due to the fact that after the initial fun, it was a pretty dull game to play intensively.

I recently got side tracked by the Age of Wushu beta; a game that when you can get over the fact that it's awfully translated, terribly presented and at times eye-poppingly obtuse, is actually a really good game.

A huge sandbox’esque world with open PvP (and decent PvP, too), guild wars, inter-school wars, politics, kung-bloody-fu, massive cities, kidnapping, jail time, spying missions, Go, in depth crafting and upgrading that requires teamwork, Barbie dress up, more PvP a bunch of other stuff. I thought I’d swing by and mention it, as I know some Boons are so keen on ArcheAge, which is strikes me as quite similar (albeit more polished).

The game is hosted in LA, so I use a tunneling service (Battleping and WTFast both work for me) and bring my ping down from 500-600 to a steady 200ms, which is fine for play.

I’ve thrown a few movies of recent guild wars up on YouTube (search for Kettlepip’s channel), which might give an idea about a small part of the game. Hopefully it might tempt some Boons to give it a try. If you do, and want some help / advice / guidance through the UI and mechanics, be sure to give me a shout and I’ll do my best.

Tootles!
  2. Offline

Drexciyian Veteran BOON

Been playing this for a while now, its sandboxy but very rough around the edges, the combat is great for duel i like the blocking/feint style but its pretty ping dependant which sucks as the servers are west coast but ye you can get it stable with battleping
  3. Offline

Drexciyian Veteran BOON

4. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

It's no longer owned by the Korean Publisher/Developer Webzen?
  5. Offline

Drexciyian Veteran BOON

No i ment Webzen bought them
  6. Offline

Xelendar Veteran BOON

Age of Wushu to feature castration mechanic

by Jef Reahard on Jul 22nd 2013 2:00PM
    Fantasy, Video, Game Mechanics, MMO Industry, News Items, Free-to-Play, Sandbox, Age of Wushu
    [IMG]

Want to join the new Rootless Clan that's coming to the Chinese version of Age of Wushu? You'll need to lose your virtual junk first, as the evil-aligned sect is basically an order of eunuchs that forcibly castrate initiates.

And yes, it's in the game.

MMO Culture has all the details, including a gameplay video if you're so inclined. In a nutshell, prospective Rootless monks must obtain a special daily quest and then undergo the castration process, which features a dedicated health bar. "After around two minutes, the process will end," the site says. "However, the success rate of castration is still considered low at this time. If it is unsuccessful, the victim will still sustain significant damage." Click past the cut to see a snippet of castration gameplay for yourself.

7. Offline

Drexciyian Veteran BOON

I like this game but switching to the eu version ive kinda been slack cos having to start all over again, played hardcore in cbt but slacked on obt