Access to Boon Website + TS blocked?

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Astarael, Feb 12, 2012.

1. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

one of the regular members, Killa/Roziac can't access both website and TS, and hasn't been able to for a few days.

He can't work out the issue, whether it's being limited by his ISP or if it's something local to his PC or if its a change we've made to the site.

Any ideas? from anyone techie, or anyone website/TS adminy
  2. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

His webby access seems fine
  3. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Tal the master
  4. Offline

Tal The Architect

He isn't banned or anything. The webserver can ping his IP address, so he would need to send me a traceroute to my nick @booncontrol.com
  5. Offline

ok, will let him know to do that, cheers Tal
  6. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

Ill do that when i get home. I can add that it isnt my laptop, since i tried logging on from moms place yesterday.
    I also talked with my ISP and they said that cant see anything wrong on thier part.
  7. Offline

sent you an email killa with tracert instructions. didn't know how much of a noob you were. ignore it if you know how to tracert :p
  8. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

Cleared cache and cookies and reinstalled web browsers etc? And ts
  9. Offline

it's not the laptop, he took it to his parents house and tried it there and could connect with no issues.

Has to be somewhere inbetween his laptop and booncontrol.com, either router, ISP or website.
  10. Offline

adagio Moderator

Ask him to reset router to factory settings.
  11. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

done that

Doing the tracert daily when i get home asta ;P Only thing is i have to clue how to read it for error's.
  12. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

Next thing im try is to go around the router when i get home. if that doesnt work then leave the router offline over the night and see if i can get an new IP

Gonna try that aswell. Only tried to update the firmware

Keep comming with suggestions!
  13. Offline

Depending on how willing you are I could always remote in and have a look, if you have router settings handy I can show you through there and we can see what the tracert is saying. It doesn't really show errors, it just shows the route the data travels, and it'll show us where it stops when it tries to reach booncontrol
  14. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

Well i know that u can see where it drops. but what i can do with it is be is beyond me.
  15. Offline

Tal The Architect

It could be that your IP range is blacklisted at my host's end. The more info you can provide the best chance we have at getting it resolved.
  16. Offline

Killa Veteran BOON

Hey. I got it to work yday when i got home. I just bypassed my router and it worked, so it has to be the router.

Thanks for the help guys