A rift review

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Doodle, Mar 30, 2011.

1. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

2. Offline

Tvar Veteran BOON

I'm still looking at it, enjoying it mucho. <3
    Pretty accurate from what I could tell. I finished this game's content in less than a month, fully T2 dungeon epixed out, and everything done except max PvP rank and raiding, but some people even managed to waste enough of their lives to even get the final PvP rank so gg. End of game. Now go on playing this piece of shit garbage WoW-clone and grind more hedge-maze raid instances if you feel like it in Weakesauce - myself I'd rather quit the game.
  3. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

"If I meet the artist for this game I am going to punch him in the head" - Omg I loled.

That was probably the most accurate game review there has even been.
  4. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

What if?
    - there was a guild ladder where you could gain rating by participating on warfronts with full guild groups?
    - you could conquer cities within areas for your guild / race (following vulnerability windows) and when you took them, you could set taxes and get profit from holding those areas?
    - The best possible gear was from Open World Raid Bosses and from pvp you could only get certain pieces like trinkets and essences that are different from pve ones and perhaps a title that would give you pvp damage / defense % bonus while active ?
    - lockdown on instances was long, to prevent people from spending their whole time in there and "force" them to be more active in guild-wide activities ?
    - pvp was actually balanced ?
    - character animation and model detail was at least as good looking as the landscape ?
    - you got major pvp rewards from conquering opponent race's towns (compared to doing warronts)?
  5. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

What if I had 60million quid.... It won't happen, Rift is a bad game and the devs obv have very little clue about how to make a game apeal.

If they made those changes it would be great but it won't happen.
  6. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

Those 2 would be enough for me matey.
  7. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

btw ketz, if you have really a LOT of sperm, it may e able to put out a fire :D
  8. Offline

Acina Admin Officer

It would be a totally different game, made by a different developer at a different point in space and time!

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner
  9. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

so sad and so true :S
  10. Offline

Furyon Community Member

i like that fact when he said if u are defiant ...all warfronts we be winn by the guardians.....strange...we been saing the same thing that the defiants are more organised ....but buttom line the whole game was not organised
  11. Offline

Katiechops Guild Master

And it would be pretty much Lineage 2 <3
  12. Offline

Bluff Community Member

well, the PVE you will get bored from it sooner or later, once you kill a boss, it is over, u can keep killing it the same way over and over again till u get bored from it.

and that is in any game, not only RIFT. and usually players keep killing the same boss cuz they want a certain drop from it. not because they enjoy it.

the pvp there is fun because - like in all other mmos - got endless possibilites, specially the group pvp. our premades got wtfpwned by a defiant group stacking pyros who really kept us 100% stunned, same happend by another group who stacked Sabotuers who kept casters silenced all the time and nuking tanks 1 by 1. etc...

Perfect setup is almost impossible, everything can be countered, that's why pvp is fun and challenging and it never ends.

and actually i like the "farming-ends-fast" thingy in RIFT, i got rank6 and almost full rank5/6 items in less than one month is good, better than Aion where i had to farm much longer for it. (and i play 4-5 hrs per day)

it's all about what the player likes in mmo, if i followed some of the logics described above, then probably i would have quit Aion after 6month (once i got full elite 50+10), what kept me going for 1.5 years was the continous pvp scenarios in core/abyss/ground abyss.

what bothers me in 1.1 Patch is they are giving the raiders a better weapon and giving nothing to the pvpers, this is just soo wrong, cuz they splitted up the gear from the start, and made the lvling/gearing to the max is possible from both.

but i am not worried cuz i am sure they will fix it soon, probably adding a T3 pvp weapon that can be obtained when u r rank6 and got good reputation with more than wf faction is a good solution for the players who already started to complain about how unfair to pvpers this patch was.
  13. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

what specter said, gief a pvp game or even better gief warhammer 40k DARK MILLENIUM!
  14. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Stop describing tera you'll make people jealous :p

What does PVP balance mean? 1v1, 2v2? 3v3? 10v10? 100v100? It's impossible to balance them all, let alone try and keep them balanced while under the level cap as well.
    Even the wow developers said they regret balancing wow around arena.
  15. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

pvp balance, on the context i refered, would be on the guild-based warfronts (in guildwars 1 terms, it would be gvg).

ps: thats what arenanet is aiming for in gw2, pvp balance on the modes that matter, the competitive ones. The world pvp will be an aion style mass imbaness pvp :)
  16. Offline

Nekra Community Member

I still find korean anoying as hell and i cant stay logged in tera for long but with some "western(wtf)ation" in terms of xp it will be a true next gen mmo,i gave up with rift,so easy,its like a short trip without a purpose.(sorry for my so pro eng)
  17. Offline

Bluff Community Member

plz sperate PVP from RVR, and RIFT got decent pvp content tbh
  18. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

you play warrior :S if it wasnt cool for you, then who would it be for?
  19. Offline

Bluff Community Member

i also playing mage on nerien's account, spent like ~ 40 plat on it to respec to decent pvp builds, i tried a Pyro build and a stormcaller build. cant really see why the mages were complaining, they pwn hard.

mages had counters for everything, but they just want to spam fireball and win.

just check my pyro build for example, http://rift.zam.com/en/stc.html?t=1z0Is.x.eftIuksuzs.RcV0Vz

warrior pull rush me > i break his stun and teleport away from him and instant squirrel him > he break free from cc ? squirrel him again (if some1 damage him and broke the cc i unbrekable-root him for 8 seconds, or stun him for 5 seconds)

sabo start placing charges at me > (assuming i cant target him fast cuz he is standing in middle of defiant zerg/group)
    i wait for 4-5 charges then self dispell his charges, if he do it again > i keep an eye on my debuffs and wait for 5 charges then cast my reflect, if he detonates the charges with my reflect buff up the 3-4k damage goes to him not me. (i used to do that on my Riftblade, wait for 5 charges then focus evasion the detonation)

in stormcaller, i had other stuff to survive (speed buff etc...), but didnt spend much time there cuz too much rift blades spamming aoe silence so i prefere Pyro

the above was the survivability part, when it comes to damage, it was not that bad, when i played Pyro, i did decent damage and kept the melee dps stunned/snared most of the time. (because i usually stand in my ground of strength, which gives me 30% chance of stun when i attack with fire spells, works with the aoe ones too)

the warriors were ment to have good dps, simply because they are melee, they can be kited, it's not like u want to kite themfor few seconds, and when they finally reach you they do -10 damage.

even after the patch, they nerfed rogues and sabo BIG time, and buffed mages armor and dmage, and yet still mages can die in 3hits from fully buffed warrior if they dont start running around and kiting.
  20. Offline

Specter Veteran BOON

- break free has a loooong cooldown (it was 5 minutes when i played, i know that it has been buffed lately), preventing it from being used more than 1 time during a black garden match, for example.
    - doing several cc's in a row will cause the enemy to gain imunity from it.
    - dispel only removes 1 charge at a time, with the global cooldown, he can place charges at the same rate you can remove them. Basically if you enter that dispel cycle, the sabo is effectively preventing you from doing anything else.
    - every other attempt you have in your post regarding survivability, has 1 main premise: you survive the initial warrior charge, wich you won't if you have break free on cooldown, and even if you dont have break free on cooldown, the warrior can jump-stun then fear and crit titan strike.
    - pyro is really nice because of the imunity to CC and the chance to stun, but you are really immobile and therefore you are prone to being focused by the enemy team...

like you said on the last line of your post, even with the buffs, mages still die in 3 hits, wich you CANNOT evade if you get cc'ed. That means you need to have break free up whenever a warrior charges you... which doesn't happen.
    All in all, i never said mages were underpowered, i said warriors were OP and rogues aswell. IMO mages are pretty good the way they are, they are meant to die fast, and are meant to do damage and cc like they do. But no one is supposed to one-shot anyone or 100->0. Thats the basics of recognizing OP stuff.
    Clerics are the most underpowered class in this game, due to the global cooldowns, that forces a cleric to choose between healing or cleansing, a simple thing that in aion you could do both almost at the same time...
    Also, there are no skills to prevent damage like some other games have like blind, block, and the fact that warriors need 3 attacks to be able to use the most powerfull attack is another indicator of ridiculousness...

You can say what you want, but still warrior >> rogue >> mage > clerics