A question for the officers!

Discussion in 'Game Discussion' started by Maskerad, Oct 8, 2011.

1. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

If they implement ranks etc for guilds in SW:TOR, might it be that you could have a "guest" rank for us weaklings who will play but probably not commit the hours? I miss playing and bantering in /g with you guys, but I understand if you'd rather just have serious people in the guild. ^^
  2. Offline

Allstar Just A "Member"

3. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

mask is a hardcore girl
  4. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

I'd actually like to know this, if there are no other games worth playing over Xmas holidays I may want to play TOR casually just to be with boons.

ATM I've got a couple of other games I may play, but if they are no go then I'll join boon for TOR simply for the banter and Gankage.
  5. Online

Katiechops Guild Master

This straight answer is No, normally we never do this these days due to bad experiances in the past with old members or side people causing issues with the running of the guild without even being active members of it, hence we also remove everyone rights the second they quit the game.

This is also not really going to be an issues either as the plan for all MMOs we play these days is that all non guild specific issues have to be posted into the public sections there will be next to zero banter in the private "insert whatever game we are playing". It will be 100% kept to raiding times, DKP, scheduals, guild rules, events etc to keep it as small and to the point as possible so its easy for members to keep a track of important guild only issues AND also to keep as much of the banter, games discussion and fun in the public section.

Any threads created in the guild section not deemed "confidential serious guild business" will be moved out to the public forum for everyone to see.

If anyone is looking to do stuff with the BOONs then come on vent and talk to us and see whats going on and you will soon find up, I still think it might be worth having a BOON Slackers or something guild is lots of people are going to play the game casually with no committment, easier to track eachother, shared vent etc but without the pressure to attend events, play alot and no concerns over quitting.

The rank system in the guild from now will be,

BOON Community - Look after the Website and Guild long term
    Game Officers - Run the guild in a specific game, Rank removed after game.
    Veteran Members - Prove themselves very active on the forumsand TS, but in future will also have to prove themselves long term in a BOON game.
    Game Member - Membership to a specific game, Rank removed after game.
    Game Trialist - Membership to a specific game, Rank removed after game.

We have been here before where we went into a game with lots of members who we just auto invited into the guild because they played the game before etc and we went from the strongest legion on the server to dead in 3 days, when subs appeared and a new patch came out for the previous game, hence we recruit afresh for every new game because if I am committing time to make a strong ghuild for a game I want members with the same committment, mught be harsh but its fair imo.

But yeah if you in game and playing then ofc group invites and dare I say it even raid invites I am sure will be forthcoming your still BOONS!

Oh and TS banter is always > gchat
  6. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

What chops said.

Speaking for myself, as of right now i have no plans leaving SWTOR for any other game. Not even GW2. There are several of us who are treating this mmo as a long term commitment and the last thing i want is slackers hating on what we are trying to do :p. Usually i don't mind casual ranks, i demanded it as an officer in wow because i wanted to keep in touch with people, but it has been proven again and again that people cannot behave when it comes to SWTOR and to be honest i don't want the trolling to happen in guild-chat. It would take the excitement out for me and many feel the same way.

If you want to join us you are more than then welcome to make a proper application and dedicate yourselves to the game (give it a fair chance for once) I would love if you guys (and girls) joined us
  7. Online

Katiechops Guild Master

Indeed, I think I haven't made it clear regarding the SW guild we are not making a guild as a filler now until GW2, like it or not SW will be played for years its to big an IP with too much money to burn. I want the SW guild to run for years even if I do leave to play GW2 at a later date, hence my selection of officers, and our recruitment after game release will be very focused on building a sustainable GW2 proof guild that will carry on alongside GW2.

And both BOON guilds will play hand in hand to together in a drama free world of group hugs and kisses... hmmm
  8. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

Don't get me wrong doodle, if I joined due to lack of other games I would not be joining to troll.

I'd play it properly for as long as I decide based on a lot of things but I certainly wouldn't join the game for £40+sub just to troll.

You know I didn't really enjoy the beta, but playing a game I don't think is great with boon is far better than no game at all.
    I mean I enjoyed rift when boon were all playing and that's a far worse game than TOR

Hell I may end up growing to like it as I did with WoW.

Basically my point is, IF I end up applying, don't write me off because I was vocal about what I felt was it's failings in beta.

Still, it's over 2 months away, anything can change in that time so let's not jump to any conclusions.
  9. Offline

Ketz Veteran BOON

No way this would ever happen matey.
    We will be more than happy to welcome you in if you decide you like the game.
  10. Offline

Fizzee Veteran BOON

If you did I'd be disappointed in you and you don't want that!
    :p
  11. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

Yeah, makes sense. Obviously I'd be around teamspeak, it would just be convenient I suppose. Thanks for the info on the structure though, it seems good especially taking into account what you guys must've learned in Rift.
  12. Online

Katiechops Guild Master

Its strange I didn't really feel we learned anything in Rift other than you need Officers interested in the game to make a guild work, which we knew anyway, without this no matter how great players the memebers are if a structure isn't in place and you don't have a team working on the guild etc then it all falls apart, in Rift the main problem wasn't the guild or the people but the game, it sucked too much we couldn't get anyone willing to lead the guild only 1 officer even made it to lvl 50 me, none paid the first months sub.
  13. Offline

Fozia Veteran BOON

well rift was kinda like hit 50 pvp for 1 month done with the game
  14. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

That coupled with still being tired from Aion, did not even want to put any effort into Rift before the game even got released.
  15. Offline

Maskerad Veteran BOON

That was what I meant, basically. Coupled with the mass inactivity after the first month from people who might not have been very serious to start off with.
  16. Offline

Fokkie Veteran BOON

Sorry for Off-topic but, 1month? 10 days you mean ^-^ Everything went way too fast in Rift and its one of the big reasons it failed
  17. Offline

Doodle Bush Whacker!

No i wont mate dont worry :p apply now!
  18. Offline

Korso Veteran BOON

Solution for SWTOR!

BOON Control = Raiding guild
    Fellowship of Pests = Casual / Alt guild

All in the same TS = Profit

Discuss :bounce:
  19. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I loled at that. The name that could have been.