a new headset

Discussion in 'Tech Help' started by Gizmodio, Sep 8, 2011.

1. Offline

Gizmodio Community Member

Hai you doods!

My second headset of the type Soundblaster World of Warcraft wireless gaming headset just broke and it turns out the company stoped producing them :p

So i need a new one, and my only requirements are
    -has to be wireless and have a mic (a attached mic, not a stand alone)
    -cant cost more then 160 € or 140 £
    -Anyone with the name Maskerad can not post a reply to this topic else she will sidetrack everyone and people will start posting random shit like pink elephants on a bike in the end
  2. Offline

Shantotto Guest

Who would post pics of pink elephants on a bike?

Me

[IMG]
  3. Offline

Shantotto Guest

On a serious note, does it need a mic attached or do you have a standalone mic?
  4. Offline

a mic attached
  5. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

Do you mind using USB ?
  6. Offline

Angelo Community Member

7. Offline

My only requirments has been listen so no :p

i wont buy a headset that aint wireless anymore
    I did love the WoW headset but there is a reason why they went out of production.. i broke 2 of them within a year so id like to try a new one that actually lasts :p
  8. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

highly recommend this headset

http://www.logitech.com/en-gb/speakers-audio/headphones/devices/7248

just bought mine a few weeks ago, sound quality is excellent, it's very comfortable, i've used it for literally 12 hours straight on a hot day without it getting uncomfortable.

Mic is good quality, and i like the little red light on the end so you can tell when you're muted, and if you flip the mic up it auto mutes. drivers are easy to install for customisation.

seems durable, but i don't really have the extended use to comment on that. build quality is good so far.
  9. Offline

Aspira Admin Officer

I use the wired version of these and they are by far the best headset I have owned.

Sure there are headsets with better sound quality, but when you balance up sound quality, microphone quality, price and most importantly build quality, they are great value for money. Mine are still going strong almost a year after buying them, and I usually go through a new headset every 6months, so they are very durable.
  10. Offline

That looks sweet, tho whats the battery like ? how long does it last for and how long time does it take to recharge it ? And im assuming you can play with it wired as it re charges right ? And whats the range on it ?
  11. Offline

Astarael Vertically Challenged

yep, can play wired as it recharges, battery life is somewhere between 8-12 hours, probably just below 8 if constantly talking, more if only listening. Recharge is pretty quick, although if you're using it at the same time it's significantly slower. maybe 2 hours while using it, 1 if not.

I havn't tested the range properly, but somewhere in the specs it says either 10m or something like that i think. I can walk all around my house without losing connection, so it's easily 10m.

It's also much cheaper than logitech say if you shop around, although i found it slightly difficult to get hold of. everyone was out of stock. alot of headset reviews are rating this one at the second best on market, behind the Astro A40, so price difference explains the sellout
  12. Offline

Mizou Community Member

I use Sennheiser 161 PC since almost 3 years, had 151 for almost 6 years before and i can say you can wear it for days if not weeks without realizing. good quality, good mic...

if you want to spend more then 60-70 euro then other sennheiser products are very very good too, i personaly wont ever go with any other company ever again other then sennheiser: http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headsets_pc_pro-gaming_504120
    this one is very good but i dont like it since you actually feel it on your head: http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheise...-350?Open&path=private_headsets_pc_pro-gaming

well or just look at http://www.sennheiser.com/sennheiser/home_en.nsf/root/private_headsets ;)
    this is my personal choice and i can say by testing they are good.
  13. Offline

Shantotto Guest

To be honest, ever since I switched to Sennheisers a long time ago, I havn't used anything else.

I have a pair of the 350s that Mizou linked ( 360s are out now though, but I've had mine 2-3 years ), they are fantastic.
  14. Offline

Thanks alot for all the quick feed back, i made up my mind and i have ordered the Logitech G930 wireless ones
    thanks again everyone :)
  15. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

review it when you've got it please, I'm looking for a new one as well. And one that has the exact criteria you put down here is what i'm looking for.
  16. Offline

katmai Veteran BOON

Roccat kave 5 in 1 . Mind blowing experience and high quality build. I love how they fit on my ears , and they are not too heavy. These are way better than any logitech product i have ever tried, or any other headset maker i ever tried period. Also it's price is not a turn off. The only thing here is that they are not wireless, but i can live with it np

Sent from my Motorola Xoom using Forum Runner
  17. Offline

Xom Veteran BOON

I'm looking for a new one myself - 5.1/7.1 surround since I can't place rear speakers in my living room and would still like surround when playing games.
    Max around 60-70 euro. No need for wireless.

@katmai: The Roccats appear to fit my bill, so about the size, if you don't mind me asking: How large is your head/ears? :p

An alternative would be a proper 5.1 surround set with wireless rear speakers. Any affordable stuff out there?
  18. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

How comfortable are these ones around the ears? I'd say I have a fairly "big head" :p and wearing glasses, so my previous ones gave me some pain after awhile since they were really snug around the ears.
  19. Offline

Alaisy Veteran BOON

The shape of that logitech seems a little odd to me, does it really fit around your ears? Other than that how much downtime would you have with a wireless set like that, aka it needing recharging.

@Merketh, this guys head seems sort of large:

20. Offline

Merketh The MerkBot

thx. about the downtime i read you can charge it while using, so that's not a problem i think